MFP or Facebook...?

Options

Replies

• emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm so sick of facebook. But I can't ... not ... look ...

It's like roadkill. I don't WANT to see it, but once it's there, I can't look away.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    You cant get banned from facebook

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hate FB, but if I don't check FB, I won't get updates about when new FnF stuff is going to drop!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I don't like FB for many reasons. 1) FB uses your info to sell to the company that markets stuff to you. 2) Gov't uses FB to surveillance your life. 3) If you said something wrong or bad then your reputation will be destroyed instantly. 4) FB endsored Obama and Gay marriage.
    Great. Since you decided to throw your political and social views out there, and thus violate the forum guidelines, a perfectly harmless thread is going to get locked.

Fabulous. Thanks for that.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i deleted my FB. replaced it with MFP. at least now i'm obsessed with fitness goals rather than who was out partying with who.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    MFP >>>>>>>> Facebook

would much rather see updates of fitness related stuff all day than baby pictures

I posted baby pictures on MFP...

And Facebook has the "ignore all posts from ______" button... Very handy...
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Facebook...Twitter...DEACTIVATED!
    :drinker:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I have a FB account so my family can see pictures of my kids. Other than that I've abandoned it and stick with MFP.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I always go to MFP before facebook - when I had to reset my phone a while back, I went about two months not even realizing I wasn't signed into FB - but was sure to have my MFP signed in that day :bigsmile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I actually prefer my group of strangers/friends on MFP to the people I know in real life on FB.

same here, especially lately...
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    HOWEVER.

I find myself wanting to "Like" things all the time. The same goes for real life situations, I just want to "Like" things rather than comment on them.
  • mrlong78
    Options
    2) Gov't uses FB to surveillance your life.
    3) If you said something wrong or bad then your reputation will be destroyed instantly.
    4) FB endsored Obama and Gay marriage.

2,3,4 = CAH-RAZY TALK!!!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You cant get banned from facebook

not true, and they can delete whatever they want from your timeline
  • LIswimmer51
    Options
    I spend so much time on this website, its my new Facebook. Im so addicted. I find it more entertaining and far more beneficial. I should probably spend more time exercising than reading on here though haha.

Just wondering if anyone else is the same.

totally agree with you... would rather see people's success then seeing stuff that no one cares about. This site is so much more worthy of my time. I love it here and I love the community. Facebook is too dramatic.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I think you're the only one.
    There can only be one.
    HIGHLANDER.GIF
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    HOWEVER.

I find myself wanting to "Like" things all the time. The same goes for real life situations, I just want to "Like" things rather than comment on them.

Exactly! I need a like button!!
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    MFP... I just want a farm here... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I use both...but I like MFP more cause I don't have "friends" talking behind my back* about how I post when I work out, etc on facebook, excuse me if I like to keep myself accountable and I workout and you don't. Block my workout ups then idiots! Now it's set so only certain people can see them

*(what I really mean is 10 feet away from me at work)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't like FB for many reasons. 1) FB uses your info to sell to the company that markets stuff to you. 2) Gov't uses FB to surveillance your life. 3) If you said something wrong or bad then your reputation will be destroyed instantly. 4) FB endsored Obama and Gay marriage.

you certainly don't have to worry about soiling your good reputation here.

4d3127bb_tumblr_m0x4va2KQJ1rressco1_500_zps09dd5d84.gif
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    MFP > Facebook

although some days hard to tell them apart.