tea drinkers?

Options

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i love tea. it's a ritual for me in the mornings, and when i return from lunch. in this crazy world sometimes only a cup of tea can calm my nerves. peppermint at night, green & black during the day.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love tea! Always stick with traditional but quite like fruit/herbal in the summer. I drink about 2-3 cups a day, with a little full fat milk but rarely add sugar. Trying camomile tea in the evenings as well instead of wine! Don't drink much alcohol but it all helps.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Keep drinking tea :heart:
  • Momma1213
    Options
    I love my tea hot. I drink several types but almost all are greens. My fave is Republic of Tea Kiwi and Pear. No sugar or honey and I leave the bag in for continued use. We are talking about 6-9 cups daily.
    So, yeah. I love my tea!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like the 0 calorie green tea with citris but prefer the white tea with raspberry. I have to limit myself to 1 a day though.

I also love chai tea, black tea, earl grey, lemon lift and almost any tea besides plain green. I usually add some sweetener or sugar with a bit of milk to mine.

Can't stand water and trying to avoid too much diet pop :( I get headaches and stomacheaches from mio water and have to be careful how much aspartame I get.
  • Rdewolf
    Options
    I love green tea with roasted rice - kind of nutty flavor which is so satisfying.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I used coffee when kicking caffeine, I was a tea drinker too and coffee as well. Here's how I did it using coffee. Put a measuring spoon inside the instant coffee jar. Journaled for a week to find my baseline caffeine intake. Leveled that off by getting an average and going with one teaspoon a day of instant coffee. Kept this up for 2 months then adjusted the adjustable teaspoon to 1/2 a teaspoon. Did that for two months. Then adjusted it down to 1/4 teaspoon, did that for 2 months. Then came the hard part. Tried going to zero got headaches. Increased back up to 1/4 teaspoon. Tried every other day, got headaches. Increased up to 1/4 teaspoon. Light bulb went on and made a 1/4 teaspoon cup of coffee but only drank half. No headache. Kept this up for 2 months. Then tried zero again, got headache. Then tried alternating days of half cup of 1/4 teaspoon coffee--aka. 1/8 teaspoon. Still got headaches. So went back up to 1/8 teaspoon. Next attempt changed my definition of a "day" from 24 hours to 36 hours. That's right I had coffee in the morning one day, coffee in the evening the following day, etc. Kind of wacky but that amount of coffee did not keep me up at night but was still necessary to avoid the withdrawal headache. Eventually I could alternate days. Finally one day I realized I'd forgotten two days in a row so I went for the whole week caffeine free and knew I was home free! By the second week I knew I had succeeded!

I have been caffeine free for two years now! It took me a full year to quit but it was waaaaay worth it. Good luck to you, it can be done!

I kept track of all this with a calendar on the fridge. I used decaf to supplement the coffee to make a full tasting cup of coffee. If I ever found myself in a lurch or away from home just used any very popular caffeine substitute like coke or iced tea or anything easy to look up the caffeine content of and logged it on my calendar.

NOTE: one thing I learned while obsessed with tea is that tea can be easily ridden of it's caffeine by steeping it shortly for like 30 seconds discarding the water (and caffeine) and then rebrewed the 2nd time for a tea with way less caffeine if any. To cite the site I learned this might be hard to remember but it's probably Teavana's website or their Blog site. If not it might have been one of the many caffeine oriented sites I visited during this quitting phase. Hope this helps you realize you can quit caffeine without quitting tea altogether if you love it that much.
  • kaylacyr123
    kaylacyr123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love tea! I drink about two cups of green tea a day- no sugar, cream or milk and not caffeinated. I also drink black coffee though
    I like peppermint tea a lot to
  • keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Options
    I love Tea! I drink it all day long too. I've tried to be healthier by ditching my usual 2 sugars, and sometimes have a fruit/green tea instead. Have you tried red bush tea? It's nice with or without milk and has no caffeine.
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    And you want to kick it WHY? I couldn't do without it in the morning. I'm drinking Lipton's Green Tea with Honey (yummy!), and they have it in Decaf for later in the day. I tell myself that it's good for me, and at least I'm not racking up calories with the flavored creamers I would use in coffee...
  • rainyhair
    Options
    Love tea. Drink black tea the Britsh way, milk and sweetener, got that habit when I was there. I like green tea, have chamomile almost every night, and Teavana has fabulous black Jasmine tea, looks gold in the cup, so flavorful. My husband doesn't do coffee but loves tea too.
  • sevin2
    sevin2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow! What great suggestions on here! I'm going to have to look for this Red Bush tea and try that in the evening - maybe it will be even more relaxing with out the caffeine! Thanks!
  • rainyhair
    Options
    I've had chronic insomnia, and chamomile or sleepytime does help. The Tension Tamer you can buy anywhere is pretty good too. The vanilla Sleepytime isn't so good, not a big vanilla fan. I'm reading that ginger tea is good for monthly pains.
  • edspillane
    edspillane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really like green tea--decaf at night. I wish I drank more tea during the day vs. coffee and diet coke. That is a change I want to incorporate this year. :):smile:
  • Maylene1217
    Maylene1217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i drink one a day, usually at night to wind down... almost always lipton but sometimes its sleepytime herbal....
    my friend has this vanilla chai tea that is awesome and i need to find in store!

i like it made with a stevia packet and a couple drops of almond milk (miss real cream tho)
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey - Black no sugar (on a busy day) Black 1teaspoon full (on a relaxing day) - great revision/lazy day drink

Twinning's Chamomile Tea - (always no sugar/honey) - great pre-bed/relaxing drink

Tetley Tea - Milk, 1 sugar and digestive biscuits/ fox's golden crunch creams - fat girl day drink

Twinning's Green Tea - no sugar - smart girl day drink
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    So a mug is two cups. And I have a mug (with a giant heart on it!) which is the size of 2 mugs, or 4 cups.

And I have multiple of those a day. Especially weekends.

Yes, I like tea.

There's no need to cut out tea and go all water, unless you are having issues with caffeine. Assuming not, water is water regardless of what else is mixed in.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I drink almost a gallon of iced (and hot), unsweet tea a day. Just plain 'ol tea. I tried to kick the regular and go to decaf, but I was getting massive headaches. I still drink water, too- but my mainstay is iced tea.
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HUGE tea drinker here! I'm obsessed with DavidsTea teas! I drink maybe one black coffee a week (usually on the weekends - it gives me heartburn), and black tea 2/3 times a week before work. The rest of the week I drink herbal, green, oolong, rooibos, and white teas. Usually 4-5 cups a day! Helps when I'm trying to lose weight because there are so many flavours and helps keep my water intake up (I aim for 8 cups of water a day + my tea). I even have a cookie dough and birthday cake flavoured tea - great mixed together! Water, tea, and coffee (and maybe 2-4 glasses of wine or beer a month and fresh green and fruit juices in the summer) are the only things I drink.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Tea, tea, lovely tea - During the cold months I drink hot decaf with reduced fat milk and one splenda and during the summer iced with only splenda or truvia. I do drink 1 1/2 cups of coffee in the morning but after that it is decaf tea during the day if I need a break from water.