Nuts...

Options
2»

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Ok so im trying to think of healthy things that i can snack on during the day, i thought about nuts? I love walnuts and cashews but are they healthy, because i know they have a lot of fat in them but isn't it 'healthy fat'? Are they a good source of nutrition or should i steer clear?

Tree nuts are great, seeds can sometimes be better sources of fibre, minerals and/ or omega-3s so consider those too. Don't overdo the ones rich in omega-6 polyunsaturates or eat plenty of oily fish as a balance, O-6s are pro inflammatory in excess and we already get too much in our diet.

If you are concerned about your digestive system be sure to chew your food properly, you can also soak nuts and seeds if you wish. Humans have been eating nuts and seeds for thousands of years healthy individuals can process them fine.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3095/2
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3138/2

Cocoa is an amazing source of minerals and fibre
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/5471/2
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    buy them in shell, you will eat less and feel like you had more! plus for peanuts, it's so much better with the skin!
  • lyndsaytaec
    Options
    you need to be careful about the portion of the nuts, otherwise they could be harmful than health.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    nuts are great but def make sure you measure out the servings. I tend to eat waaaay more than a serving b/c they are just so good
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL, Really helpful... Gna go find me some nuts! :laugh:

You won't have far to look :noway: :laugh:
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    Yep Almonds are my go to snack, especially when I need to get my calories up for the day and keeping my protein up, Im just about to crack a bag open now :0)
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love nuts.... cocoa roasted almonds are my fave and they curb the sweet tooth =)

mmmm,cocoa roasted almonds sound so good!

They are fantastic!!!!
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love nuts.... cocoa roasted almonds are my fave and they curb the sweet tooth =)

Me too! I keep the 100 calorie packs of them in my desk! :smile:
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I just had me a small snack of almonds.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have nuts all the time. They are so good for you and eating too many generally doesn't affect your weight loss.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    healthy source of good fats
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You're right, they are a "healthy fat". Most people in here agree that cashews, almonds, etc. are a good healthy snack.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
    Nuts are a good source of healthy calories.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    These

product_peanutmms.png
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Great source of healthy fat and fiber but calorie dense so long as you watch how much you eat then nuts are a good choice. Also non fat Greek yogurt, hummus, fruit especially berries. Some other low cal snacks are laughing cow cheeses, salsa and cottage cheese. Good luck!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, just weigh out your portions. It's way to easy to just keep grabbing handfuls...
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes! More people need to understand that nuts and seeds are HEALTHY FATS that you need to burn fat and/or build muscle!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    The best nuts around:

[img]http://www.trymynuts.com/images/products/corn nuts 300.jpg[/img]

One of my favorites too, right along with the peanut M&M's someone else posted. :heart: