I am sorry if I have no picture

Options
jmkmomm
jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
I have sent friend requests and not had an acceptance. Yes some have and I appreciate the ones who have. But I have no idea how to do it and I really don't think it is that important. But my purpose of being here is to lose weight and this place does do that for me. And if I can help some one else that is even better. But I can't do it by myself and I don't get a lot of support at home and that is why I have reached out here for help. So if anyone wants to add me I would appreciate it. But I have no picture

Replies

• HappyNewSarah
    Options
    There is nothing to apologize for! Congrats on taking the first step and joining MFP. Don't worry about others who care so much about whether or not you have pictures or go into details about your personal life. If you're planning to be here awhile so am I. I'd love to be your friend.
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to people who go on and on about who they do and who the don't accept requests from. You wouldn't want to be in their clique anyway.
  • HappyNewSarah
    Options
    . You wouldn't want to be in their clique anyway.

^^This^^ has become all to clear lately. If I ever start acting like a diva just because I lost a bunch of weight, please someone kick me.
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new as well. I will be here to support anyone, regardless of whether they have pictures or not. That is silly.
  • afmom2013
    Options
    You can add me, I need all the support I can get! :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo....get a picture? It's not hard to do. It doesn't even have to be you. Plenty of people use a pic of a sunset or flock of seagulls or something. You can find free stock photos on the net, just google.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I think you might find the reason some haven't added you is because you are not eating a healthy amount of food and nothing to do with a picture. Many say in their profiles they won't add people eating VLC and you have lots of days eating only around 900 calories more or less.

Feel free to add me if you are at least trying to eat above 1200. I realise we are all on here because we have our issues with food.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    you are so right, you can add me is all about support
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

^^This^^ has become all to clear lately. If I ever start acting like a diva just because I lost a bunch of weight, please someone kick me.

???
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

You will, so I'll be ready to kick you when the time comes.

Yay for people who have been on the site for all of a week, yet think they have it ALL figured out.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Your profile > edit pictures > upload picture

Edited for missing letter.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Yay for people who have been on the site for all of a week, yet think they have it ALL figured out.

this:angry:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Jeezums....someone has a case of Mrs. Crankypants.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Aww, poor thing? Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?

Oh right, someone probably didn't accept your friend request. How are those sour grapes? I'd imagine they're, well, sour.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I don't add people without pictures because it doesn't look pretty on my profile.

mine is not me, I stole it off tumblr
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

You will, so I'll be ready to kick you when the time comes.

What she said.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Many people don't arbitrarily accept friend requests because... well... it's their choice to do so or not to do so.

I can tell you that if I get message-less, picture-less (just the "stock image") request, particularly from someone new, with no extra info, etc., I have no way of telling if this person is a spambot, or a "puppet account," or what. I also have no idea how this person found me. Did they read a post of mine? Were they just circling through a member list? That's not much to go off of for a "friendship," particularly if we have very different viewpoints on nutrition, fitness, etc.

The passive aggression (not from you, OP) is quite pungent in here, though...
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I like making new friends!! :smile:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I support anyone that wants it, young, old, big, small, pic or no pic. I'm sending a FR now! Best of luck to you!