What is your favorite breakfast?

Options

Replies

• peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    On a weekend:
    Wheat toast with jam and strawberry & banana slices on top, light greek yogurt with almond slivers or raisins, an apple, some and green tea.

On a weekday or when I'm short on time:
    Bolthouse Farm's smoothie, my water bottle, and a handful of granola.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bacon.....scrambled eggs, fresh biscuits and bacon gravy (not that nasty sausage gravy you get at restaurants)... Yea, that's my favorite.

Reality? I work out early so my breakfast is my protein shake:

1 banana
    3/4 cup of frozen berries
    scoop of protein powder
    flax seed
    1 cup of water (don't need to waste calories on milk! lol)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Homemade Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate PB2, sprinkled with granola, chopped banana and walnuts.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    In the summer: berries + greek yogurt + nuts (or granola)
    When I am not feeling lazy: oatmeal + dried cranberries or cherries + fresh apples (something kinda tart) + cinnamon + milk + nuts + honey or maple syrup or brown sugar
    When I have all kinds of time: bacon + eggs + toast and jam
    quick and different: avocado toast (mashup an avo with lemon juice, salt, chili flakes. serve on wheat, it tastes better)
    smoothies: avocado, coconut water, berries and/or mangoes. The avo makes it super creamy, you need about 1/4 of an average one
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have many. I normally eat oatmeal with natural pb and chopped up banana with a large coffee or make the egg/banana/oatmeal pancake with light syrup and coffee. When I go out to eat I will always have the hash with hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, cheese, salsa, scrambled eggs topped with more hot sauce then necessary and with a large coffee.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    2 Morningstar Sausage Patties - Delicious and Satisfying!
  • Northwest_Bob
    Northwest_Bob Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of plain oatmeal with 10 grams of raisins for flavor
    1 banana sliced with half a cup of plain fat free yogurt
    1 egg fried or hard boiled
    2 glasses of water and
    a cup of tea

Doesn't sound that great but I look forward to it every morning. It tastes pretty good and it is satisfying to me.
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER -- A breakfast that stays with me for quite awhile is an egg white omelet using 4 egg whites, 3 Tbsp cubed ham, 1 Tbsp 2% cheddar cheese.
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually enjoy a 2 egg omelette made with chopped green and red bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, ground black pepper, and a sprinkling of reduced fat cheese.

That and/or Quaker quick oats with a little bit of coconut oil and cinnamon (I do not add sugar).
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I make my own egg mcmuffin. It has less than 250 calories and lots of protien. I put one egg (scrambled in the microwave), a slice of 2% processed cheese, and 2 small slices of canadian bacon on a 100 calorie whole grain english muffin.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon
  • joslin2005
    Options
    A few of my favs

granola
    milk
    handful of blueberries

oatmeal with brown sugar
    chopped up apple

ham
    egg
    cheese
    onion
    bell pepper
    mushrooms
    rolled into a breakfast burrito
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Coffe and more coffee! :happy:

edited to say: except on that occassional weekend when I make pancakes with sugar free syrup. YUMMY
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Morning Star Farms Breakfast Patties are my other favorite. LOVE the HOT & SPICY ones. I usually just add one of those to the toast and cottage cheese. Perfect !
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    An english muffin, spread with peanut butter and fuji apple slices
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Morning Star Farms Breakfast Patties are my other favorite. LOVE the HOT & SPICY ones. I usually just add one of those to the toast and cottage cheese. Perfect !

I need to add something else to this, for when I go to Heaven.... I pray they serve bacon - ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Current favorite is steel cut oats, made with shredded carrots, cinnamon, vanilla extract, almond milk. Then throw a few cooked egg whites in.
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2 poached eggs, wheat toast, 2 pieces of bacon, and some black coffee with one sugar.
  • frecklegrrl
    Options
    I love a bagel thin with 2/3 tablespoon of peanut butter and either a banana or 6oz of fat-free yogurt!
    OR a bagel thin with 1/4 cup scrambled egg whites, some fat-free mozzarella cheese and chopped peppers.
    OR good old 3/4 cup of cereal with 1/3 cup unsweetened original almond milk.

ALL DELICIOUS. all are staples to my week!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    BerryDelightWaffles.jpg

Had this today...and I actually licked my plate!

2 generic toaster waffles
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 cup of frozen strawberries, microwaved until they resembled strawberry bits in syrup.

Mine worked out to
    330 cals

and a great source of protein!