How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, keeps me in check! :-)
    Check my body fat about every few weeks to make sure it's also in check :-)

^^^This
  • ClarkWierda
    ClarkWierda Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My wife and I weigh in twice a day (morning and evening). This includes a body fat number from the scale as well. We record all of this on a sheet in the bathroom. I log the morning weight and % body fat online.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I don't really care about the numbers. I just want to make sure I'm either not gaining for a few days in a row, or staying put for a week or more. If I do then I try to change something.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    It is great to weight all the time when you're losing..then it is not so great when you plateau. haha. You need to weigh to make sure you're heading in the right direction. But i'd say do it every week or two..and daily when you maintain.
  • RunnerKate28
    Options
    I log my weight on Wednesday morning, first thing. (Mondays are bad enough I don't want to do it then LOL) If I am curious, I will jump on the scale, but don't hold all your faith on that number! :-)
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and record it in my weekly planner. My scale keeps me from going on an eating binge :)
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every morning, helps me to remember during the day thatnI have a goal!
  • mperez57
    mperez57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    once a week is fine...the only true fluctuation is water weight which is sometimes good to know... I weigh before and after so i can drink enough water so i dont dehydrate..the biggest thing to focus on is not how much you weigh but how you feel, look, how certain cloths fit..etc best measure
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Officially weigh myself every Sunday morning and log it but sometimes I weigh myself before and after I use the washroom for entertainment :smokin:
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I only record once a week (Monday morns) but I'll weigh myself most every morning, and every night just to see how my daily eating/activities may be affecting things.
  • Bodebo
    Bodebo Posts: 9
    Options
    I do once a week, but the time in between kills me. I like to see a bigger drop at once then a bunch of little drops. I used to do the every day thing, but I got obsessed with it.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Once every few days. I try to give myself time to make progress so I'm not discouraged.
  • frecklegrrl
    Options
    I try to weigh in once a week, but I definitely know how easy it is to want to weigh in more than once when the scales going down! (especially in the beginning). I usually weigh in twice a week.
  • leiaface
    leiaface Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week as well. usually on tuesday after the weekend because sometimes i splurge when i go out and monday is my day to get back on track and ensure im working out. :)
  • randilious
    Options
    I try to weigh everyday.....keeps me motivated and keeps me knowing if I had a good day or not!!!
  • greenchristine52
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I can fluctuate 2-3 lbs in a day so I like to track often. I don't worry about a gain as long as after one week it's still down.
  • Bambi1940
    Options
    I agree. Weighing everyday is good. I think it keeps you focused better
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every time I go to the gym. Get changed into shorts and a t-shirt, weigh, workout, weigh, change again. It's routine, and it's just a number.

My attitude is that as long as there is a consistent downward trend, then it doesn't matter what the actual number says.