Replies

• VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Love.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    sorry just feeling like dancing through everyone's posts today.... I already licked this one AND said something constructive, so I can dance right? I promise after this Ill dance in my own posts.

flash1.gif
    :laugh:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Good points! A good read for the beginners.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Really great points, OP. I especially agree with the weight-lifting and protein. Here are some of mine:

1. Move into your new life. This isn't a temporary retreat or quick fix. This is the way you will need to live for the rest of your life in order to have the kind of body you want. Build a new healthy lifestyle that suits you, that you enjoy, that gives you pleasure and satisfaction. The weight loss journey doesn't have to be unpleasant; it can be a time of discovery and joy.

2. When you start your strength training, do all exercises with no weight until you have learned correct form. Then do them with bunny weights. You can easily injure yourself if you start off with more weight than you can handle.

3. Listen to your body. Don't push on through if it tells you you're overtraining or ignore it if it tells you it needs some quick calories.

4. Eat real food. Learn to enjoy fruits and vegetables, prepared simply. Cut back on the processed and packaged stuff, including the stuff they sell at the health food store. The more a food has been altered from its natural state, the more nutrients have been left on the factory floor.

5. Eat naturally cultured foods. They're a great way to add zing to your diet without calories.

6. Treat yourself to fresh fruits and vegetables. Instead of splurging on a piece of cake, enjoy a bowl of fresh raspberries. Instead of getting ice cream, treat yourself to a luscious pineapple. Get some asparagus instead of a bag of chips. We're conditioned to think of the highly processed stuff as rewarding; the stuff in the produce aisle is tastier as well as healthier.

7. Know that you are worthy of love and care. You deserve to live in a beautifully maintained body. You deserve to be happy, healthy, and strong. If you are tempted to go off the rails, ask yourself if you will love yourself more if you give in to a particular indulgence or slothfulness. (Sometimes, the answer is Yes.)

8. When you screw up, forgive yourself, shake it off, and get back on track.

9. Find some forms of cardio that you love, and do those. For me, it's dance. The right dance class is a full-body workout with a high burn rate. It's also a chance to hang out with other health-oriented women, to groove to music, and to affirm my total awesomeness.

9. You can do this.
  • dkaryna
    dkaryna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The best I've read. Well Said, Thank You!
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS. Very well written!

Something that has helped me is taking one day at a time. That's essentially what OP was saying, but I feel it's necessary to say that. My entire life has been yo-yo weight because I'd do fine most of the week, then have ONE bad meal and I would tell myself that the week is blown and that I'll just start again Monday. I would resort right back into the same old habits of fast food and boredom eating because "I already messed up, might as well enjoy eating junk before I start again on Monday". Instead, look at every day as Monday!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love this so true!!!
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    Ah-mazing read!! I needed this - glad I clicked on the link :)

and btw you look amazing :)
  • Jazzart
    Jazzart Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice!!!Thanks for Sharing!!!
  • lynspouch
    Options
    Well done pics look fab, wel done for posting! x
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Really great points, OP. I especially agree with the weight-lifting and protein. Here are some of mine:

1. Move into your new life. This isn't a temporary retreat or quick fix. This is the way you will need to live for the rest of your life in order to have the kind of body you want. Build a new healthy lifestyle that suits you, that you enjoy, that gives you pleasure and satisfaction. The weight loss journey doesn't have to be unpleasant; it can be a time of discovery and joy.

2. When you start your strength training, do all exercises with no weight until you have learned correct form. Then do them with bunny weights. You can easily injure yourself if you start off with more weight than you can handle.

3. Listen to your body. Don't push on through if it tells you you're overtraining or ignore it if it tells you it needs some quick calories.

4. Eat real food. Learn to enjoy fruits and vegetables, prepared simply. Cut back on the processed and packaged stuff, including the stuff they sell at the health food store. The more a food has been altered from its natural state, the more nutrients have been left on the factory floor.

5. Eat naturally cultured foods. They're a great way to add zing to your diet without calories.

6. Treat yourself to fresh fruits and vegetables. Instead of splurging on a piece of cake, enjoy a bowl of fresh raspberries. Instead of getting ice cream, treat yourself to a luscious pineapple. Get some asparagus instead of a bag of chips. We're conditioned to think of the highly processed stuff as rewarding; the stuff in the produce aisle is tastier as well as healthier.

7. Know that you are worthy of love and care. You deserve to live in a beautifully maintained body. You deserve to be happy, healthy, and strong. If you are tempted to go off the rails, ask yourself if you will love yourself more if you give in to a particular indulgence or slothfulness. (Sometimes, the answer is Yes.)

8. When you screw up, forgive yourself, shake it off, and get back on track.

9. Find some forms of cardio that you love, and do those. For me, it's dance. The right dance class is a full-body workout with a high burn rate. It's also a chance to hang out with other health-oriented women, to groove to music, and to affirm my total awesomeness.

9. You can do this.
    Excellent post!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add.

[img]http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233928590_citizen kane clapping.gif[/img]
  • MLibby84
    Options
    wow,

As someone just starting this process, it was a little over welming to read your post, but I did find some of the things you put helpful. I dont know much abouy calories and counting and everything but im still learning :) Congrats on the weight loss you have already done. It goes to show anyone can do it no matter what :) I wish you well on your continued journey and I hope to gain a lot more knowledge about this by the end of my own journey :)

Good Luck and Keep it up!

Maggie
  • MLibby84
    Options
    TheLaura-

I like what you said as well :) Thank you :)
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Loved this!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You gonna get soooo many friend requests outta this thread! :smooched: :laugh:

um, yeah... friend me please :blushing:
  • jennieb75
    jennieb75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well-freakin'-said. :):):):)
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ya nailed it! Common sense and moderation...the end.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Bump-so I can read it again. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!