Replies

• KatieJo_512
    KatieJo_512 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No one got fat eating fruit.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I should add that the thing to avoid are 'fruit' yoghurts, most of these are insane on the sugar scale!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    nope.
    there is no reason to cut fruit out of your diet... people get all worked up because of the amount of sugar that are in a piece of fruit, but they are natural sugars. it's not the same as eating a snickers bar.
    fruit is good for you! full of fiber, vitamins and minerals :)

give fruit a chance ♥
    ^^^^^
    THIS
    Unless a physician has advised you of some deadly allergy, eliminating fruit is absurd.
    And yes, bodybuilders do this when crash dieting for the photo shoot, and it's still absurd.
    Optimal health should be our focus.
    Enjoy some fruit :flowerforyou:
  • SerenityPhoenix
    SerenityPhoenix Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't really like or eat a lot of fruit, but I eat a banana ever morning with yogurt for breakfast. Keeps me from starving for the rest of the day. IDK what I would do without it and if it were me I wouldn't cut it out if there are no health conditions keeping you from eating it. When I deprave myself of something, I'm more likely to binge on it later.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I pick low sugar fruits, eat few of them, and have protein with them to slow the spike. I'm having 1 cup blueberries with my liquid egg white smoothie as a pre-cycling meal, when I get back I'll have breakfast of scrambled egg whites with onions and peppers, and a half grapefruit, later today I'll have a small (2" diameter) orange with 1 oz lowfat cheese.

Bananas are the worst for me, very high in sugar that I don't use fast enough, and they give me stomach pain.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No way in hell!
  • jhunny31
    Options
    The only fruits that I've heard that can possibly mess up your thyroid is strawberries. And that happens to be one of my favorite fruits to mix in a smoothie. I do agree that fruits carry a lot of sugar especially those mango's when incorporated into a smoothie. So I say cut the really sugary ones but still eat some sort of fruit like water melons, bananas, etc.