What's your response when you get dumped?

Options

Replies

• healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I was single - 11 years ago. I always took it like a man. Once they ended it , it was over. My ego would never let me take them back or want them back. My way of dealing with it would be to work out extra hard for the next few months. Get really hot and then happen to show up at bar or event that I knew that person would be at . 4/5 times the guy would try to get back together. I'd say hell no and that was the closure I needed!
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Usually I go out and make bad decisions. Hello drunk tease at the bar.
  • ChecktheRhyme
    ChecktheRhyme Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Welps, time for a Family Guy marathon."

edit: That is literally what I did from sun up to sun down when I got dumped.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    breakup_zps0d26f7dd.jpg
    Is this true!? I mean come on guys, is it?! I hope so.. Although I'm not full on sobbing, the few tears I did shred RUINED my makeup.. Someone tell me he's going to regret it! xD
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Laugh and then beat their car with a baseball bat.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I was single - 11 years ago. I always took it like a man. Once they ended it , it was over. My ego would never let me take them back or want them back. My way of dealing with it would be to work out extra hard for the next few months. Get really hot and then happen to show up at bar or event that I knew that person would be at . 4/5 times the guy would try to get back together. I'd say hell no and that was the closure I needed!

hahaha THIS^^^^

I do the same thing! :drinker:
    Probaby cry for about 5-10 minutes and then be done with it. Once I'm out of the relationship, I don't go back. I lose almost all the interest that was there within a week. Work on getting hotter than I was, buy new clothes, go out more often, and enjoy my life. It's my life. Not going to waste it being miserable over someone who doesn't want me. :wink:

I have had most of my ex boyfriends come back around a few months or a few years later saying I was the best girlfriend they ever had and I looked great and what was I up to and my response was usually, "Yes I'm awesome, yes you're an idiot for not recognizing, yes I look fantastic, and no I'm not wasting any more time on you. Peace." :glasses:
  • Jamiehawj
    Options
    only dumped once though here is how i handled it :
    - cry cry cry
    - watch harold and kumar over and over
    -cry cry cry
    -go out with bff
    -realize bff is attractive and sweet
    - start dating bff
    -get married
    forget about the douche that dumped me LOL
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've never been so tee hee, I'll be devils advocate.

3 bf’s age 14-16, I dumped them
    Age 16, he’s incredible hence we are celebrating our 15 year anniversary together this year (4 yrs married, 15 years together EVERYDAY).
  • Jamiehawj
    Options
    LOL , awee <3
  • animefiend7
    animefiend7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No. Are you kidding me? This is not true. Men get over it probably faster than anyone else...unless your self esteem is ridiculously low. Most men tend to do a few rebounds before actually committing again, but we don't openly weep about it for months. lol.

Source: I have never been married, but my dad has been married 6 times, and he is always out with a new girl atleast 3 weeks after the final divorce
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It's only happened once almost 5 years ago and I cried because I was in shock. I wasn't even in love with him or anything. It's just that our relationship was really good IMO and it caught me by surprise. I also cried because he had cheated on me come to find out with his ex who was not attractive. It really was a kick to the ego I guess.

I wish I would have reacted less and if I could go back and change it I would.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh wow OP, you really burned me. Guess I'll go cry about it to Avril Levine and write in my password journal. Maybe when I get un-engaged, dye my hair brown, and find some other *kitten* boyfriend I'll be sure to use a clever demeaning retort just because someone didn't want to be with me anymore and I couldn't deal so I can be a real adult just like you. <3

And yes, it's pink. You can tell your colors right?

O_O

I see mean people
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No. Are you kidding me? This is not true. Men get over it probably faster than anyone else...unless your self esteem is ridiculously low. Most men tend to do a few rebounds before actually committing again, but we don't openly weep about it for months. lol.

Source: I have never been married, but my dad has been married 6 times, and he is always out with a new girl atleast 3 weeks after the final divorce
    Thank god he has a low self esteem.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    breakup_zps0d26f7dd.jpg
    Is this true!? I mean come on guys, is it?! I hope so.. Although I'm not full on sobbing, the few tears I did shred RUINED my makeup.. Someone tell me he's going to regret it! xD

No it is not, at least for me.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I've only been dumped once (I'm usually the dumper). I was 18. He was my first love.

I said: Okay. Sure.

He gave me a load of poetry books from his mother... WEIRD. Why give me family heirlooms when you're breaking up with me?

Then I went home and cried for days. When I was done crying I picked myself up, dusted myself off... ran into him downtown and couldn't remember what his name was. Oh yeah. I purged baby. I purged so well I forgot the name of my first love. Sometimes I scare myself.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    "Was it something I said?"
    or
    "I thought we got past that semen in the eye incident."
    or
    "The hair doll I made of you was only temporary. I don't collect your hair anymore"
  • animefiend7
    animefiend7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Thank god he has a low self esteem.

Sorry, that was for the picture. I didn't realize that the reply on this board system was not setup like others that automatically quote the previous statement
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Do what?
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    "Was it something I said?"
    or
    "I thought we got past that semen in the eye incident."
    or
    "The hair doll I made of you was only temporary. I don't collect your hair anymore"

lol
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8ef22jMHz1rpusifo1_500.gif