How many lbs do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 158. I've lost 8 pounds and I want to get down to 135. My next goal is 5-6 more pounds by Christmas. I have learned over the past few weeks that 10, 5, or even 2 pounds lost is a big deal! It's hard work! So kudos to all of you who have lost 2 pounds and more! It's not easy but it's worth it! Keep it up!
  • baskettc
    Options
    Hi Yuna! I am CeeCee and I weight about 220 also. I want to get down to 140, but I am 5'8. I just found this site also. I am also ready for change. Its the hard work I fear. Maybe we can encourage one another though it! :bigsmile:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9'' and started at about 165. I am currently at 156 and am hoping to get down to my "all time fittest and best looking" weight, which was 136.
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi there CeeCee :happy:

I'm So Happy That you Joined:flowerforyou: I was Hoping To Find Somebody I can relate too and get motivated with :tongue: Tell me more about yourself:glasses: And Dieting Goals :bigsmile:
    and If nothing elsehere is a heartfelt :heart: WELCOME!!!!
  • DrWhoFanatic47
    Options
    I dont know how many I want to loose...my mom doesnt think that i should loose any, but that mom for ya. I weigh about 125ish, and im 5' 6" which sounds ok, but i want to feel comfortable so about 5 more lbs would be nice. I used to weigh about 138 by the way, and i wanted to get to 125, which i've got to and before this horrible thanksgiving week i was about 123, but im never happy even though i've reached my goal.

I dont want to keep going until im inhealthy, but im afraid to stop. HELP:cry:
  • shellymarie
    Options
    I am currently 5'6" and approximately 145-150 pounds (I fluctuate due to water weight). I would like to get down to 135 pounds and 19% BF. This will obviously require a strict diet, cardio and INTENSE weight training.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'4" and started at 210. I want to lose 65-70 lbs, and so far I have managed 30 lbs gone. This pic is because I wanted to show icandoit my startoff size. I'll be changing it in a day. It is a long process and I have many lessons still to learn about how to live healthy but I am willing to try and work as long as it takes.
  • whamoooo
    Options
    I'm at 225, and I want to get down to 175. Keeping my diet at 30% from fat, around 1,300 calories per day, I should be there in six months.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I dont know how many I want to loose...my mom doesnt think that i should loose any, but that mom for ya. I weigh about 125ish, and im 5' 6" which sounds ok, but i want to feel comfortable so about 5 more lbs would be nice. I used to weigh about 138 by the way, and i wanted to get to 125, which i've got to and before this horrible thanksgiving week i was about 123, but im never happy even though i've reached my goal.

Try to think of yourself as more than just appearance! Use another method of "weight" control - like waist size or body fat percentage. Think about Rose (you know who I'm talking about Dr. Who Fan), she has a healthy, attractive body and I bet she weighs more than 125...
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8, currently 145lb, wanna get down to 126 (or 133 at the most) by March (when I'm going to Australia for a year!).
  • jdaniels
    Options
    I started at 211 am down to 200 I want to get down to 130 I am 5ft 2 so that is a good weight for me so I need to lose 70 more pounds.:sad:
  • Jump_Start
    Options
    i weigh 145 and would love to weigh 135-130. :tongue:. Now if only i can keep my dedication...... :grumble:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 192.5 lbs right now. I have an athletic build and I know I have a lot of muscle weight because when I watch shows like Biggest Loser and see the girls with my height and weight, I don't look anything like them. I think my healthy weight is probably about 160. I think I would be very happy with the way I looked and feel much better about myself if I could get down to and maintain at 160. That's my ultimate goal and I have until July to really reach it. Then I am headed to the Virgin Islands in the "new me"!!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    hey thsi is cool.. i am 5'8 as well and 145 . I want to go down to like 130!!! KUDOS to everyone that has made it.. I have been battling for like 3 years and every time I accomplish a goal I end up gaining it all back.. I have been working out for the past year(took the summer off)adn I weigh more than when I started working out. I know its muscle. I want to be able to fit into my skinny size 5 jeans!!!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin,

I'm 5'8", also 156, and my goal too is 136. I set my initial goal at 150...hope to get there before Christmas, but this season is a weight-loss killer. Though my ultimate goal is 136, I'm mostly wanting to be happy in my skin...something I don't remember ever being.
    I'll look forward to hearing of your progress!

Hey Sarah, good to hear that someone else is pretty similar to me! How encouraging!
    Yes, christmas is really hard, though I think I am lucky this year as in Australia it's summer instead of being cold! It is bizarre to see all the decorations up and yet it is 35 degrees outside! It is definitely a good reminder that I need to be careful with what I eat as we are likely to spend Christmas on the beach, not hiding underneath sweaters and jeans! Oh the comforts of home ...

Good luck and keep me posted.
  • squaralina
    Options
    165 and i'd be more than happy to get back to 140, although I have a sneaking suspicion 137 would be better. I have a naturally large rack and I don't want to look bizarre :bigsmile:
  • squaralina
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 5'4" on good days. I started at 170, now at 165. My goal is 140 or rather 22% body fat - so I'm not sure what weight I'll be.

you can tell i didn't read this all the way through to begin with - mary, we have the same stats and goals, awesome! i feel validated somehow, everyone else seems to be slimmish anyway and wants to be *thin* or at the other end of the (non-punning) scale
  • tdroseler
    Options
    me? i weighed 348 when i started near the end of October. I battle Diabetes and an underactive Thyroid, which makes it harder to loose weight. So far i m down 7 lbs. I go to curves 5x week, and my first weigh and measurment is coming up on the 29th. My goal is to be down a total of 10 by then. Might just squeak it in there, lol. In total, i want to get down to 200 lbs...loosing 148. I don't expect to reach that for a long time, but i figure it is about making a lifestyle change. By the time i reach my goal weight, i might have made my changes into permanent habits, lol...
    The hardest times will be when i plateau...and i thank God for my finding this site. I know that even during the easy times, i will use this tool as best as i can. It is really working.:drinker: yay

just saw my DR...im down to 334 YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker:
  • dkinne34
    dkinne34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    DrWhoFanactic47, OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I have finally found someone like me. Your measurements are very similiar to mine although you are a few pounds lighter but the same issues we share. I get a goal and when I get there I want more. I am never satisfied with my weight and when I do get to my goal.

On another note, my goals is to be 115 lbs so I would like to loose 15 lbs but through the holiday it is going to be tuff.

Dkinne
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

Be careful. You sound like you are at a great weight. Don't lose too much, it's not healthy. You really should check with your doctor.