Almond Milk

Options
124»

Replies

• Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mixing my protein powder with unsweetened almond milk is much better than mixing it with water, well worth the 40 calories a cup. And I like that I can keep a stock of unopened containers in the pantry. Costco even sells it now!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Almond milk all day!!! Vanilla unsweetened in cereal yummmm
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    i make my own almond milk. i've got a grinder machine that makes milk (soy also) and i use like 2-3 cups of water and 3 serving sizes of almonds out of a dry roasted almond bag i get from costco. i can make like 20 gallons of almond milk for around 15 bucks.

i also put a few scoops of chocolate whey protein into my finished product, blend it for a few minutes, put it into the pitcher again and put it in the refrigerator. when it is nice and cold it is some of the best chocolate milk i've ever had (and it has 20 grams of protein per half cup and only like 5 net carbs).

Are you talking about a juicer? It sounds like a great idea because I go through Almond Milk like crazy - a litre lasts me two days.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I buy the silk plain and it is only 30 calories a cup. The taste is similar enough for me and the calories are minimal!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use almond milk instead of regular milk? I was wondering what the benefits of it are?

The benefits of almond milk - pure deliciousness with vanilla [and/or cinnamon in my coffee or hot cocoa] !!!! Love my almond [other nut] flour(s), butter(s)s, paste, filling(s) and macaroon(s).
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to almond and soy milk :sad:
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That!
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    I donnow the benifits but it tastes better. It also doesnt have as much fat in it. I prefer it to milk actually and I know the carbs are better from being on Atkins. Good luck
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through but a few of the first responses. Now, I love Blue Diamond Unsweetened Regular or Vanilla Almond Milk, but do not be fooled!!! It does have an expiration date. It says on the carton that it should be used within the first 7-10 days after being opened. Now you can buy it in bulk and shelve it and it will indeed last. So if it's on sale, buy buy buy! But for some reason you are supposed to use within a week or so after opening. Although, I have used it up to two weeks after with absolutely no problems!
    I put Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein powder in mine and use it after I lift. It's delicious!

**Edit to add:
    :heart: :heart: Use the Vanilla Unsweetened with Apple Cinnamon Cheerios and it SERIOUSLY TASTES LIKE APPLE PIE minus the insane calorie count from a slice!!! :heart: :heart:
  • srl32000
    srl32000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Less carbs than skim milk...
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    We had this questio at a seminar I went to, whether there was any benefits to almond milk. We were told there isn't any nutritional value, just empty calories. We were informed to either use soy or rice milk -- offers better benefits, though many people can't tolerate soy.

FYI - the seminar was conducted by the fitness expert (phD) who writes the nutritional columns for Runners World magazine.
  • angelajean04
    Options
    I cannot just drink it plain. It's completely revolting to me. I do use it as a substitute in protein shakes or smoothies though, you can't really taste it when it's mixed with yogurt and/or fruit (0=
  • srl32000
    srl32000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter protein sounds really good!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in coupons to try Almond Milk you can go to www.bluediamond.com, click "Contact Us" and select request coupons. I did it when I was first interested in trying Almond Milk and they sent about 10 coupons for their products!

Thanks, just requested coupons!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i make my own almond milk. i've got a grinder machine that makes milk (soy also) and i use like 2-3 cups of water and 3 serving sizes of almonds out of a dry roasted almond bag i get from costco. i can make like 20 gallons of almond milk for around 15 bucks.

i also put a few scoops of chocolate whey protein into my finished product, blend it for a few minutes, put it into the pitcher again and put it in the refrigerator. when it is nice and cold it is some of the best chocolate milk i've ever had (and it has 20 grams of protein per half cup and only like 5 net carbs).

Are you talking about a juicer? It sounds like a great idea because I go through Almond Milk like crazy - a litre lasts me two days.

yeah, it is a juicer.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    We had this questio at a seminar I went to, whether there was any benefits to almond milk. We were told there isn't any nutritional value, just empty calories. We were informed to either use soy or rice milk -- offers better benefits, though many people can't tolerate soy.

FYI - the seminar was conducted by the fitness expert (phD) who writes the nutritional columns for Runners World magazine.
    Well that's quite odd since it seems rice milk is empty calories and almond is quite nutritious.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ok, so how does it taste plain? I have pretty much given up drinking cow's milk besides in cereal and an occasional milk & cookies snack. I miss not being able to just have a cup of milk sometimes. Can you do that with the Almond milk?