What amazing new food did you discover this week?

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    RIght at this very moment I am eating a Cashew Protein Plus Boomi Bar. (www.boomibar.com)

It is very interesting. Taste like sweet cashew butter. Three ingredients: cashews, honey and whey protein Isolate.

250cals/15 fat (ouch)/20carb/2fiber/11protien
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    How do you make roasted brussels???

Cut them in half, put them in a bowl with a bigt of evvo and spices...I also like to add a tsp of really good balsamic vinegar, and roast on 420 for about 20 minutes.
  • xoxsandee
    xoxsandee Posts: 14
    Options
    High protein chocolate pudding!

A box of sugar free chocolate pudding
    one cup of skim milk
    one cup of water
    one scoop of chocolate whey protein powder

It's nice to have a high protein dessert =)
    I'm gonna try putting 2 or 3 scoops of protein next time.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    grilled portobello cap as a "burger." Now, it's no beefy burger, but it's a nice substitute that takes on any flavor that you choose to put on it. I basted with teriyaki and topped with a pineapple for a hawaiian portobello burger! And get this...the whole cap only had ~30 calories! BIG difference from the ~250 for the beef patty.

Portobello pizza.... yummy goodness!

I used a little bit of homemade sauce, sprinkling of mozzarella, parmesan, green peppers, and black olives. I really like it!

Your portabello pizza almost saved me last night!!! While grocery shopping, I have a BAD habit of tearing pieces of french bread of and eating it as I shop! I did that yesterday! So there went the carbs I was supposed to have in my penne last night! Then I thought of your idea!! I was thrilled!!!

In the end, it got to be late and I just made a salad. But thanks for the safety net of my carb addiction!!!
  • JandCsMommy
    JandCsMommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles!

wwwshirataki.com

I saw them on hungry-girl.com, and I was intrigued. I heated them up, and mixed them with 3 Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges for 145 calories, and a very filling yummy lunch!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Shirataki noodles!

wwwshirataki.com

I saw them on hungry-girl.com, and I was intrigued. I heated them up, and mixed them with 3 Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges for 145 calories, and a very filling yummy lunch!

I cant find them here! :sad:

I went looking yesterday....gotta look harder!
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Raw, whole kiwis with the skin on! Such a great snack. Don't know why I hadn't eaten them that way before.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Love this post and I am so going to try the mushroom pizza. Sounds so yummy. Maybe put it on the grill with some garlic. mmmm...I hope this one keeps going, I like all the new stuff.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles!

wwwshirataki.com

Karma have you checked in the cold section of the healthy food area in grocery stores in your area? Health foods stores would likely carry them as well, unsure where you're located. They have the liquid in the pouch so they store them in the coolder section, least in my neck of the woods.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Okay this is not a new food as lots of you already know about the laughing cow spreadable cheese wedges. But I figured out that they are great for melting on other stuff. Melted one of the garlic & herb wedges over some spaghetti squash and it was great. Now I'm just thinking of all the stuff I can melt it on! lol Sure wish they made it in a cheddar lite flavor!
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    Yogurt, granola and berries....YUM!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Speaking of mini pizzas......
    Joseph's Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pitas....60 calories each (so if you use half for a sandwich it's only 30!)
    I use them as pizza crusts. a couple of spoonfuls of pizza sauce, low fat shredded mozzarella, and Hormel Turkey Pepperoni.
    Kick-*kitten* little pizza that is only a little over 200 calories for the whole thing.
    Even the bf loves them, we haven't ordered a pizza in a month.

I LOVE couscous, and have it 2-3 times a week.

Most recently, I discovered Peanut Butter & Co. brand peanut butters. They have flavors like "White Chocolate Wonderful" and "Dark Chocolate Dreams".
    A tablespoon of dark chocolate dreams on a rice cake and my chocolate craving is MORE than satisfied!!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    grilled portobello cap as a "burger." Now, it's no beefy burger, but it's a nice substitute that takes on any flavor that you choose to put on it. I basted with teriyaki and topped with a pineapple for a hawaiian portobello burger! And get this...the whole cap only had ~30 calories! BIG difference from the ~250 for the beef patty.
    ''

mmmmmmm!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    laughing cow wedges in FRENCH ONION - didn't know they existed - yum
    also, vanilla almond Luna bar - SOOOOOOO good
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I discovered Wheat Thins Flat Breads. They are like long crackers and 2 of them are 60 calories. They are yummy with laughing cow cheese.

I just tried Laughing Cow Cheese today and oh my gosh...so good. I put it on wheat saltines though I love Wheat Thins so I will have to try that next. :)

This is pretty simple but thanks to a suggestion on MFP I tried laughing cow swiss spread on my turkey and spinach sandwich on a sandwich thin- it takes care of my desire to have cheese and mayo! Only 50 calories-- and I hear there is a low fat version that is only 30 cals! I've been enjoying laughing cow on wheat thins for years and I'm so thankful I discovered this new use!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP this week!! Reading other posts I have found -

Western Bagel- at walmart 110 cal
    Thomas thin bagel- at smiths (kroger) 110 cal
    Thomas 100 calorie wheat english muffins

i made a 182 calorie egg mc muffin with 2 egg whites, 1/2 oz of cheese, and the 100 cal english muffin- was delicious!! the bagels with ff or light cream cheese are wonderful! And those fiber bars are good too!!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I rediscovered Canadian bacon. 3 slices is about 60 calories and very tasty. I use the sandwich things, egg whites, Canadian bacon and some cheese to make a killer breakfast sandwich. I also use them on the sandwich thins when I make pizzas and any time we have "silly super" for dinner.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Shirataki noodles!

wwwshirataki.com

Karma have you checked in the cold section of the healthy food area in grocery stores in your area? Health foods stores would likely carry them as well, unsure where you're located. They have the liquid in the pouch so they store them in the coolder section, least in my neck of the woods.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:

Thanks! Im going to the gym tonight and there is a Whole Foods on the way...going to have to check there! Did a quick check at Trader Joes too, but I couldnt find them!

Thanks!
  • gloomyBEAR_QT
    Options
    :happy:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I rediscovered Canadian bacon. 3 slices is about 60 calories and very tasty. I use the sandwich things, egg whites, Canadian bacon and some cheese to make a killer breakfast sandwich. I also use them on the sandwich thins when I make pizzas and any time we have "silly super" for dinner.

Thanks for this!! I completely forgot about Canadian bacon! How is the sodium? Significantly less than regular or turkey bacon?