>300 calories?

Donuts
    Fried chicken
    cake (OMG CAKE!)
    A few beers
    Fast food.

Any more ideas needed?
    Pizza, dude. Easy to get > 300.

I never thought of that! How did I not think of it? oh and CHICKEN WINGS!!!
  • asaralee3
    asaralee3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top

And then I woke up ..

Geez, if only it was so simple.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top

And then I woke up ..

Geez, if only it was so simple.

Shirataki.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LK0321
    LK0321 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love to take tilapia and poach it in a pan using (long name here) Pacific's free range low-sodium organic chicken broth. Little dash of garlic salt. And for a side dish I like to do a quick pan fry of sliced zucchini chips in a tsp of brommel and brown yogurt spread with some herbs. I love tarragon, thyme and rosemary. Also some baked seasonal squash is great. Delicata squash doesn't need much dressing up, so good.
  • lrfrank65
    lrfrank65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • stbarry
    stbarry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Scallops, shrimp, real crab and lobster are all super low cal, high protein options. When I am feeling deprived and ready to cave, I instead reward myself with a luscious seafood splurge. It does wonders for my emotional commitment.

Adding Laughing Cow as a flavor enhancer to low cal sauces (ie to Franks Red hot) is inspired. I envision many variations of this to spark up a cooked chicken breast or piece of seafood.
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe in a WW cookbook

Individual Chicken Pot Pies - they were very yummy
    -6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
    -cooking spray
    -2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
    -2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
    -10.5oz cream of chicken 98% ff
    -1/4 cup skim milk
    -1/4 tsp salt
    -1/4 tsp pepper

preheat to 400
    place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board, lightly coat with cooking spray...repeat and stack them.
    then lay 4 10oz baking dishes on top of dough layers. trace along rim of dishes with a knife....discard extra dough
    combine chicken and remaining ingredients spoon mixture into the 4 10oz baking dishes (it was about 3/4cup)
    top with dough stack
    cut 4 slits in the dough
    bake for 22 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

The cookbook says 295..I got 205 when I built it with my actual ingredients.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Small portions of any usual meals will work. Or for more snacky meals, I sometimes have things like smoked mackerel and coleslaw (small portion, obviously), hummus with toasted pitta and carrot sticks, or a "comfort food" favourite: 4-5 chicken dippers and a spoonful of baked beans.
  • anitabrabazon
    anitabrabazon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a turkey stir fry with noodles and lots of veg. Tiny bit of oil, fry the turkey untill cooked, set the noodles off, chuck in the veg with about 1/2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp caster sugar, squeeze of lime. Meal for me came to 288 cals :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    okay so mine are vegetarian, sorry!! (you can always subsitute lean meat instead). try skinnytaste.com that others have mentioned, they have a lot of good recipes. also the local library should have some good low cal recipes (i found a weight watchers vegetarian one that had some good stuff in it).

i made this last night, it was delish!
    chickpea soup (serves 4)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 cloves or 3 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 tsp dried sage
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    2 cups vegetable broth (or you can use chicken broth that would prolly taste good too, possibly lol)
    1/2 of a 10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1 can and 3/4 can of chicpeas, drained and rinsed
    spray medium pot, cook onions for 5 minutes. add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minutes. add in broth, spinach, chickpeas, sage, pepper and bring to a boil. transfer mixture to blender and puree. bring mixture back to pan and let simmer 5 minutes, stir in lemon juice at the end. it comes out as a thicker creamy soup so you can dip pita chips in it, even pour it over rice or eat it as is. if you want, you can skip the blender part and even have it as a broth based type of soup. tastes delish, my meat eater fiance loved it.
    188 cals, 741 potassium, 11 calcium, 11 protein, 13 fiber, 42 iron

taco salad
    serves 4ish
    2.68 cups meatless veggie crumbles (or you can use lean beef, ground turkey, whatever you please. that will change the calorie content but it should still be fairly decent)
    4 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning mix
    10 strips bell pepper
    1 thick slice red onion
    4 tbsp salsa
    12 romaine lettuce leaves
    4 tbsp light sour cream
    2-4 oz cheddar or colby jack cheese (depends on how much cheese you like)
    cook ground meet until done, add in chopped onion and pepper strips and sautee. stir in taco seasoning and some water (you can use less or more seasoning). serve mixture over romaine hearts (you can use more lettuce if you want a bigger salad, i have small appetite). serve salsa sour cream and cheese on top, add jalepenos or other toppings if you choose
    199 cals, 112 potassium, 15 calcium, 15 protein, 4 fiber, 12 iron

shirataki stir fry
    serves 2
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 package shirataki or tofu shirataki noodles
    1 cup chopped mushrooms
    2 cup frozen stir fry veggie mix
    1 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
    empty shirataki noodles into strainer, rinse under water until "fishy" smell goes away (several minutes)
    spray skillet, add shirataki noodles and cook for 7-10 minutes. add in frozen vegetables, spinach, mushrooms and cook until frozen veggies are all thawed. add soy sauce and garlic powder, or use other spices or teryaki sauce if desired.
    to up the cals or add protein, add some chicken breast or other type of meat
    90 cals (or have the whole skillet for 180), 624 potassium, 18 calclium, 6 protein, 6 fiber, 8 iron)

black bean enchilada casserole
    serves 6
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 slice onion diced
    3 burrito sized tortillas, ripped in half
    1 cup enchilada sauce
    2-4 oz of cheddar/colby jack cheese shredded
    1 cup thawed frozen spinach
    1 cup chopped mushrooms
    spray baking pan, or layer bottom with enchilada sauce. add 2 tortillas, black beans, spinach, mushroom, cheese, and layer with ingredients two more times. on top layer add enchilada sauce and cheese, bake in oven at 350 about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crispy
    199 cals, 50 potassium, 15 calcium, 10 protein, 6 fiber, 10 iron

tortellini salad
    serves 2
    2 mushrooms, sliced
    1 slice red onion, chopped
    1 cup cheese tortellini, cooked drained and cooled
    1 oz banana pepper rings
    olive oil & red wine vinegar mix to flavor
    9 romaine lettuce leaves
    1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
    8 pitted kalamata olives
    lemon juice and oregano to flavor
    mix all ingredients in large bowl, if desired let marinate for a few hours to bring out flavors
    230 cals, 136 potassium, 14 calcium, 8 protein, 2 fiber, 7 iron

spinach stuffed shells
    serves 3
    10 jumbo pasta shells, cooked drained and cooled
    1 cup park skim ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
    1 cup thawed frozen spinach
    1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
    garlic and oregano to flavor
    mix ricotta with spinach, oregano and garlic. stuff each shell, top with spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese. bake in oven at 350 for 15-20 mins
    307 cal, 16 potassium, 50 calcium, 22 protein, 3 fiber, 9 iron

quinoa risotto
    serves 4
    1 cup quiona
    1/4 cup vegetable broth
    1 cup spaghetti sauce
    4 tbsp grated parm cheese
    cook quionoa in vegetable broth as directed. mix in spaghetti sauce and grated cheese, serve as a side or main dish
    243 cal, 6 potassium, 6 calcium, 9 protein, 4 fiber, 14 iron

pizzadilla
    serves 1
    1 low carb tortilla
    1/8 cup spaghetti sauce
    1/8 cup pepper onion mix
    1/4 cup meatless chicken tenders
    1/4 cup sliced mushroom
    1/4 cup baby spinach
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
    spray skillet, spread sauce on half of tortilla. add cheese and toppings, until tortilla is crispy and cheese is melted. fold in half and flip like quesadilla.
    282 cal, 189 potassium, 49 calcium, 27 protein, 14 fiber, 15 iron

angel hair with veggies
    serves 2
    4 oz angel hair pasta
    1 cup frozen broccoli cuts
    1 cup pepper onion mix
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
    2 cup baby spinach
    chopped garlic to flavor
    4 pieces canned sweet potatos
    cook angel hair as directed, drain. spray skillet, sautee veggies. top over pasta, add a little olive oil or grated cheese if desired
    335 cals, 209 potassium, 6 calcium, 10 protein, 7 fiber, 22 iron

hopefully some of these recipes help :]
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I very rarely manage a dinner under 300 calories since it is my only cooked meal each day, but as others have said, grilled/baked/boiled lean meat or fish, or some seafood with a decent pile of vegetables is a good call, or a baked sweet potato with cottage cheese. A large bowl of soup with some seafood mixed in is also another idea, and very filling.
  • TJG1966
    TJG1966 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean?
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    pizza

2 corn tortillas (60 cal)
    75 grams of spaghetti sauce (75 cal)
    1 oz low fat mozzarella cheese (45 cal)
    2 tsp parmesan cheese (40 cal)
    cooking spray

Preheat oven to 415, line cookie sheet with foil, lay down the corn tortillas, spray with cooking spray lightly, flip and spray again. In a bowl mix sauce and cheese together, divide evenly between the two tortillas, sprinkle each tortilla with 1 tsp parmesan cheese . Bake in oven for 16 minutes. Enjoy.

I usually eat these with three clementines which is about 100 calories, but you could choose veggies or fruit. I love these and eat them almost every day.
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • txjujub
    txjujub Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump

I stay away from pasta, rice & bread to avoid the extra calories.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Broil Tilapia on a bed of cooked spinach basted with lemon juice and olive oil. I use a little creole seasoning on mine.
  • leyle20
    leyle20 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Can I suggest that if you write a recipe/meal idea on here that you please please write what a serving portion is, and how many calories it has?
    Thanks a bunch!