Bikini Babes - April

Options

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Well, I can liven up the board some. I have some fun news - it seems like things are starting to turn my way. Since when I graduated college May 2009, everything kind of fell apart. However, now, I am going to be enrolling in one of the best graduate programs in my field August 2010, I will be moving out there and my roommate will be a friend from undergraduate. Plus, I have met an interesting male online that lives in the area with similar interests and who is very active. So, I will meet him when I move down there. I just want to lose at least 8-10 more pounds before I move down there! That's my hopeful goal.. so maybe this plateau will be broken. :tongue: I am hopeful!

That sounds great! It sounds like you've got some good things waiting on you! I'm sure you can lose 8-10 pounds, you've been so successful this far - good luck reaching that goal!

On another note, I didn't weigh in this week either. But it was TOM, and I was out of town most of the weekend. I've decided since I haven't lost any weight in a while that whatever I weigh in on this week is what I'm changing my ticker to. I had gained a pound or 2 and just figured it would come off soon, but it still hasn't so I guess I need to suck it up and change my ticker to something accurate. I just hate to see the "50 pounds lost" go! But, I guess it doesn't matter if that's not really the actual number. Maybe having an accurate ticker will take the pressure off to be that weight every week.. who knows. All I know is that something needs to change. I want to lose quite a bit more weight by fall and I should totally be able to do it!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisa! I have been stuck at the same weight for about two months.. I have tried zig zagging my calories - increasing my intake a bit to lower my deficit some, started weight lifting. It's just been crazy and nothing has helped so far. I am hanging in there though - fighting like crazy. haha.

Hang in there Lisa. I am sure those 2 lbs will come off soon! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Thanks Lisa! I have been stuck at the same weight for about two months.. I have tried zig zagging my calories - increasing my intake a bit to lower my deficit some, started weight lifting. It's just been crazy and nothing has helped so far. I am hanging in there though - fighting like crazy. haha.

Hang in there Lisa. I am sure those 2 lbs will come off soon! :flowerforyou:

I'm confident that you'll reach your goal. Anything is possible if you're determined and want it bad enough, and it seems that you are! You'll get there!

I need some more determination to get back on track. In the beginning of the week I'm always so succesful. But the weekends always do a number on eating healthy. I'm going to try something new and vow to this group that I'll have a successful healthy-eating week all week. I know it won't be perfect, but I'm going to do my best and not get derailed. I'm determined. Now I have to follow my own advice and know that I do want to lose this weight bad enough to eat well and reach my goals!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Still no change for me this week, but with the week I have had.... I am just happy I didn't gain!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Well, I can liven up the board some. I have some fun news - it seems like things are starting to turn my way. Since when I graduated college May 2009, everything kind of fell apart. However, now, I am going to be enrolling in one of the best graduate programs in my field August 2010, I will be moving out there and my roommate will be a friend from undergraduate. Plus, I have met an interesting male online that lives in the area with similar interests and who is very active. So, I will meet him when I move down there. I just want to lose at least 8-10 more pounds before I move down there! That's my hopeful goal.. so maybe this plateau will be broken. :tongue: I am hopeful!

This is so great! I am so happy and excited for you. I am looking forward to August so I can hear all about your new life!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just want to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. I've been house sitting 2 houses, so life has been rather hectic (what else is new). I'm really hoping to get a free minute tonight to post the results.

I weighed in yesterday at 155, but it's TOM so I'm hoping that's why the gain :(

How did you like having a 2 week weigh in? Would you like to continue that way, or would you prefer to go back to every week? It makes no difference to me, I just thought I would ask....
  • sjmay
    Options

Congrats! I'm so excited for you!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week anyway so for me I am fine with the weekly weigh in.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I weigh in pretty much daily, but officially once a week. I wouldn't mind weighing in every 2 weeks on here though. Either way is fine with me!
  • sjmay
    Options
    Finally...

We had two ladies who lost this week:

Steph_135 - 1.03%
    usmcwifeb15 - 1.42%

Congratualtions ladies! Very close! usmcwifeb15 - if you'd like to make a challenge for the rst of the group, it would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck this week ladies! I was thinking maybe our next weigh in will be May 1 if that's ok?
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    i kinda like it weighing in every two weeks. can't wait for the challenge usmcwifeb15
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies so i got my bikini last night and I don't know if it will be possible to pull it off by Summer (July)
    I would have to seriously kick my butt into some serious shape but that doesnt mean I can't try!
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    The Challenge for the week is to do two-a-days! What do I mean by that try to workout in the morning and at night. Preferably the second workout after you’re completely done eating for the night. It doesn't have to be a big workout just a 20 to 30 minute small workout after dinner and before bed. I read that this helps to get your metabolism going before you go to bed and helps burn more calories while you’re sleeping.

GOOD LUCK ON THE CHALLENGE EVERYONE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    great challenge usmcwifeb15
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    sounds good! sorry i forgot to weigh in last week.

Me too! But I didn't lose anything.
  • sjmay
    Options
    Great challenge! I'll see what I can do. At least, I want to aim for "one a day" :laugh: but it would be great if I could get me walk/run done in the morning and then do yoga or strength training at night!
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    So how did everyone do last night? First night of the challenge, I hope everyone was at least able to get a workout in before bed. If not try to tonight and for the rest of the week.

As for me I did my hardcore workout first thing in the morning like usual and I walked on the treadmill after dinner for a while.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hmm failed with the challenge completely. didn't even get in a one a day. hahaha. today i will try to get one in before bed but tomorrow i have a function after work and I highly doubt i'll be up early in the AM. sigh.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i completed the challenge yesterday. plus did other things too.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, the challenge is definitely a challenge. :tongue: Though I did play with a puppy this morning and have my boot camp class tonight. So we'll see.