Sushi help?

Options
13»

Replies

• PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros, order whatever you want. I usually check MFP for the calories of things before I order.

I agree with everyone who suggested miso soup. It's the best way to start the meal, along with the little salad they often bring if you order an entree rather than just a la carte.

I love sashimi, so if the place is known to be good, I'll go with sashimi regular or sashimi deluxe. The regular is typically the usual triple threat of salmon, tuna, and yellowtail (the most popular), along with some other whitefish, mackerel, and maybe one other thing. The deluxe usually has octopus and sometimes lobster.

I would never avoid avocado as long as I had the calories to spare.

For maki rolls, I'd go with any of the veggie ones and any of the simple ones (fish plus veggie). I'd stay away from fried (unless you're just having one piece from someone else's full order).

If you are afraid to do raw fish, try the cooked fish. It's usually listed as such. Eel is my personal favorite of the cooked.

Also, if they do steamed shumai, try that as a starter. :)

And now, of course, I'm craving sushi.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Now I'm starving. This is why I try to avoid threads on food. I may learn something but end up hungry. From now on only before a meal.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like seaweed salad, and any rolls made with cucumber on the outside! Also, sashimi is da bomb and sooooo low in calories!
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sushi calories don't count.

my philosophy.

When I eat sushi, I eat sushi. :D

Edit: Load it up with avocado and spicy mayo.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    MFP is certainly giving me an education.

...you guys put cream cheese in sushi and nori rolls?

...and I saw someone mention cream cheese wontons the other day.

Really?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

Really?

were they talking about crab rangoon when they mentioned cream cheese in wontons? They are amazing if you've never tried them
  • Britfitnessjourney
    Britfitnessjourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, IT WAS WONDERFUL! BUT I ate slow and surprising filled up quicker than expected! I did eat what sounded good, but nothing fried, had a 2 pieces with cream cheese but besides that I would say I did good. Thank you for your help!

Brit
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Really?

were they talking about crab rangoon when they mentioned cream cheese in wontons? They are amazing if you've never tried them

We may have them here but I can't recall ever seeing cream cheese anything on a Chinese or Japanese menu here in Australia. Not sure how authentic cream cheese is in Asian foods :D
  • kiml77
    kiml77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yum!!! :tongue: sushi!!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

Really?

We may have them here but I can't recall ever seeing cream cheese anything on a Chinese or Japanese menu here in Australia. Not sure how authentic cream cheese is in Asian foods :D

oh yeah, definitely an American thing haha. They'd probably think you are out of your mind if you asked for something like that in China