What do you eat for lunch at work?

Options

Replies

• SDHudgins1976
    Options
    I've been heating a ham and cheese wrap with lettuce and green onion with a few sun chips.... OH and a mandarin orange.

I don't mind eating the same thing over and over right now heh.
  • jstxrcize
    Options
    I take instant oatmeal, some raisins or apples, almonds, and a little brown sugar in a bowl. Heat up some water, add it to the oatmeal and I have a nice hot nutritious lunch.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers from last nights dinner.. if any.. or no may egg salad (simple hard boiled egg, garlic, pepper, red onion, avocado) on healthy bread... or i'l throw together a salad. Umm.. i'm pretty boring for lunch. that's all i do. Or if I cooked ham or something recently i'll slap that on bread with avocado and tomato or salsa.
  • kadoozieK
    Options
    I usually take either leftovers or a turkey sandwich. Sometimes a veggie burger and a roll. Once in a while I get into a "breakfast foods" kick and will take yogurt and cereal, with fruit.
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been taking my left over low cal dinners. Tomorrow I will have caprese chicken (chicken breast topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and a tomato and a side salad. If my meals don't yield any left overs I have healthy choice frozen lunches with a side salad or some veggies. I opt for left overs if possible because I know frozen foods contain a lot of sodium and aren't all that nutritious.
  • melissawebb432
    melissawebb432 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well since i work at Wawa, i eat soup and salad or soup and grilled cheese. :)
  • FitChimi
    Options
    Most days I make a green smoothie in the morning to take to work for lunch. I spend my lunch hour walking in the park and then go back to work and drink the smoothie at my desk.
    I try to save my calories for dinner because I tend to be a late night snacker.
    On days when I got out to lunch with co-workers I get a salad with oil and vinegar dressing on the side, sometimes with chicken.
  • rose_ruby
    rose_ruby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I nearly always have Soup during winter. Fills me up for the rest of the day and warms you up. During the summer it is more "salady' type lunches.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I pack a lunch every day. Mostly leftover from the previous night's dinner, but will sometimes make tacos, salad, vegetarian faux meat with veggies, or a veggie burger with a can of veggies (I'm a vegetarian).
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Today I packed a homemade roasted beet salad with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar and a wrap with hummus, black bean dip and spicy alfalfa sprouts. Also blueberries, blackberries and a Wallaby's vanilla bean yogurt (snacks).
  • mandy_lee86
    mandy_lee86 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a Lean Cousine (approved by my trainer) It's between 250-300 calories and the sodium is low. Good eating!
  • jneenie
    jneenie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to cook on the weekends. I will make a big pot of chickidilla soup (tortilla soup) or sixteen bean soup. During the week I don't have to think about lunch planning it is ready to go
  • jneenie
    jneenie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MMMmm sounds good!
  • LusciousLady
    LusciousLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So i go through phases ... i'll be good and make healthy sandwhiches/salads/fruit for lunch and then i'll get into pre-packaged Smart One's type meal mode.

I am currently in pre-packaged mode :yawn:

So let's here what you all eat for lunch at work so i can get some ideas and jump start my healthy make your own lunch mode again! Also, i'm not a left over person so that's not really an option for me since when i cook the night before or make something i make just enough for that moment in time.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! :drinker:

I have this same issue.. Good to see some of the comments. As I type this I'm battling with the face that I brought a lean cuisine for lunch.
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I usually eat either a Lean Cuisine, cup of soup, sushi or a sald along with either a banana, half of a large apple, or celery and pb.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have fun throwing different things together. Like a banana wrapped in a slice of bread with peanut butter on it, pulled pork sandwich with leftover pork tenderloin, sometimes cheese on a bun with pickles on the side... mmmmm... lol.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sometimes leftovers from my meal the night before, or what I also like to do is buy bags of those frozen steamfresh vegetables and a rotesserie chicken from Kroger or Walmart, cut the chicken up and portion it out in baggies. Take a baggie of chicken and pack of steamfresh vegetables to work and eat that (yes, the whole bag of veggies). If you don't want to eat the entire bag, take a tupperware with you and put half in there for the next day. Or potion some frozen veggies and a sweet potato to microwave. Raid fast food places and chinese places for things like soy sauce and hot sauce packets if you don't want to pack seasonings.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    1. Big salad with some kind of chicken (either popcorn chicken or rotisserie chicken). Usually consists of spinach, romaine, feta, cucumber, light raspberry viagrette, baby carrots, chicken and maybe craisins. Its a lot of food for not a lot of calories and it takes a long time to eat so it feels like Im eating even more.
    2. Healthy Choice meal. I know they arent exactly healthy but to me its better than fast food or vending machine if I cannot plan ahead. Some are quite tasty.
    3. Tuna with light mayo, relish, boiled egg and apple. Either with a few crackers or a sandwich thin (if I think ahead).
    4. Canned soup with crackers and maybe an apple.
    5. Leftovers (although that is rare and I tend to send leftovers with my husband).

PS. I typically aim for 350-500 calories depending on the rest of the day. If I go really light, I tend to feel sick in the afternoon.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    And there are lots of microwave meals that don't have preservatives in them :) I'm tellin' ya, the Lean Cuisine has come a long way! :D