Question about husbands music choice

Options
I normally don't ask opinions about stuff like this from people I don't know but this isn't something I'm willing to talk about with anyone who I know in the real-world. This site is one of the few places where I'm almost positive nobody knows the real-world me.

Anyway....

My husband just purchased two P!nk cd's (he doesn't know I know this). When I asked him what he had ordered he told me some classical guitar cd's. Trust me when I say P!nk is not on his radar of music he listens to (or me), not even close.

So here is the thing. He obviously lied to me about what he purchased. He purchased something very unusual for him. This of course raises all sorts of red flags for me.

Am I just being paranoid? Or does this sound fishy to other people too?

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    He lied. I'd want to know why.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    bah I have no clue.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be embarrassed about ordering P!nk cds as well....

You need to ask him otherwise the niggling doubt won't go away and will probably drive you nuts.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Divorce.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    He bought it for his girlfriend, who is much younger than you.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Aw geez Patti!

It's a Pink CD! He's probably embarrassed because that isn't exactly "tough guy music." And you say it's not what he normally listens to, so he'd definitely feel embarrassed.

Relax. He bought some music.

OR he's using the sweet lyrics of Glitter In The Air to lure girls into backseat car sex. Which do you think is more likely?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Well you just have to speak to him otherwise you'll drive yourself mad thinking of the reasons behind it.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    By asking him what he ordered, weren't you feigning ignorance? Why didn't you just say, "I noticed you ordered Pink cds." He can explain from there.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You can write "Pink" and not get in trouble here.

Never mind, I see the woman's gone lost her mind and changed the spelling.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Aw geez Patti!
    It's a Pink CD! He's probably embarrassed because that isn't exactly "tough guy music." And you say it's not what he normally listens to, so he'd definitely feel embarrassed.
    OR he's using the sweet lyrics of Glitter In The Air to lure girls into backseat car sex. Which do you think is more likely?

She asked how I felt about it. If my husband lied about something he bought, I'd want to know why he lied. If his reply is "I'm embarrassed because it's Pink", then that's fine. But, I'd still want to know why he lied.

And Windy missed her opportunity here to say that at least the OP has a husband!
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    There are only two reasonable explanations:

He is embarrassed about buying them and didn't want you to know he likes Pink.

Or he bought them for another woman.

Wait, I shouldn't rule out the third possibility that he bought them for a man...
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    maybe he likes p!nk and is to embarrassed to admit it

there are tons of songs that come on the radio I crank up i'd never tell anyone about.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The whole thing seems creepy. You checked up on him to find out what kind of CDs he ordered? What does it frigging matter, unless he is making you listen to music you don't like? So it's sad that he felt like he couldn't be honest with you, but I have to wonder why. Why did he feel like he couldn't be open with you about that? Something is off here, but I don't think it's the fact that your husband apparently likes Pink.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options

Aw geez Patti!

:laugh: This is my response too. It's just music.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Geezz...overanalyzing and oddly creepy in my opinion.

Probably just embarrassed that's all.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You can write "Pink" and not get in trouble here.

Never mind, I see the woman's gone lost her mind and changed the spelling.

*context*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh, and FWIW, my BF pretends he doesn't like certain music that he secretly loves. He listens to certain I guess "acceptable" music in front of me and then I'll sometimes accidentally come across something on his MP3 that he would never listen to in front of me or anyone else.

He loves Lady Gaga, but if you asked him, he would deny it. And I am the only person in the world to whom he will admit he likes to listen to classical music.

I think if I came out and asked him if he liked Lady Gaga, he would deny it. I only know he has it because I was looking through his playlist for anything I might want to steal for my own.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    How did you come to find out what he ordered?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    He bought it for his girlfriend, who is much younger than you.

Um, I beg to differ. He bought it for his secret daughter whose 11th birthday is next week.