Question about husbands music choice

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The whole thing seems creepy. You checked up on him to find out what kind of CDs he ordered? What does it frigging matter, unless he is making you listen to music you don't like? So it's sad that he felt like he couldn't be honest with you, but I have to wonder why. Why did he feel like he couldn't be open with you about that? Something is off here, but I don't think it's the fact that your husband apparently likes Pink.

This what a harpie she is.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I like Pink, what's the BFD?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I like pink.

The musician too.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    How did you come to find out what he ordered?

The key logger she has installed on his computer so she can secretly trace everything he does online without him knowing about it.

How could he lie about CDs?!?!?

:tongue: :wink:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You used the wrong approach, which was your first mistake. Why not just say just laugh and say "dude what's with all the P!nk" and then point and laugh? In my house that's what I would have done. Or I would have said, "expanding our horizons, are we? I thought you liked "good" music . . . mind if I put it on my ipod when you're done so that I have something mean to run to?" Now you've put yourself in a position where you played coy for some reason, I don't know why, and you're insecurities are hanging out.

The only recourse I can see now is to back track and say "I was wondering which guitar CD's were going to be coming in and I didn't find them on the purchase order, but I'd really like to put those P!nk CD's when you're done with them to load up onto my ipod for when I run . . . sissy."

Oh, and who the f still buys CDs? I can't imagine that they're for his "girlfriend" because if some guy presented me with CD's I'd laugh and tell him that I need to go find my phonograph.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    ... He bought cd's... not a mail order bride...

Way over paranoid, and why were you snooping to find out what he ordered?

He probably just likes it and feels silly because it's different and some people may view her as more directed to a female crowd.
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    Just to clarify...I wasn't checking up on him. He ordered them off of Amazon (my debit card is on his account for ordering shows/movie that we stream through our blu-ray) and used my card to pay for them. When I saw the unknown charges from Amazon I asked him if he placed an order. No big deal. They way he responded didn't sit right with me, so then I went onto his account and check what he ordered.

I guess before I posted any of this I knew that this was fishy and that I have to confront him about 1. his lie and 2. who the cd's are for (he would not be embarrassed to tell me if they were for him). I guess I really just want to hope I'm wrong and maybe I needed to be able to talk about it with someone even if it's people who I don't know.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My ex-hubby loved Pink. So, it's not unlikely that he's a closet fan and just didn't want you to know.

Other possibility, do you like Pink? Valentine's Day is next month...maybe they're for you?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    When you look at it long enough, 'pink' is a really weird word. It's like the sound of dropping your glass eyeball on the tile and having it bounce away. Pink pink pink pink pink...
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You used the wrong approach, which was your first mistake. Why not just say just laugh and say "dude what's with all the P!nk" and then point and laugh? In my house that's what I would have done. Or I would have said, "expanding our horizons, are we? I thought you liked "good" music . . . mind if I put it on my ipod when you're done so that I have something mean to run to?" Now you've put yourself in a position where you played coy for some reason, I don't know why, and you're insecurities are hanging out.

The only recourse I can see now is to back track and say "I was wondering which guitar CD's were going to be coming in and I didn't find them on the purchase order, but I'd really like to put those P!nk CD's when you're done with them to load up onto my ipod for when I run . . . sissy."

Oh, and who the f still buys CDs? I can't imagine that they're for his "girlfriend" because if some guy presented me with CD's I'd laugh and tell him that I need to go find my phonograph.

^ LOL!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How did you find out he ordered them? Receipt left out on the table or a an order confirmation email sent to your address ( I use my husband's Amazon account so he sees these before I do.) Or were you snooping? IF it was public info (the first two methods -- just ask out right. Maybe it as simple as he heard something on the radio and liked it; but as others have pointed out he is too embarrassed to admit it. If you were snooping--your marriage has problems you both need to bring out into the open and discuss. I say this as a partner in a 34+ year relationship that includes 28 years of marriage to each other. You don;t last as long as we have by not trusting each other.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Do you hear a whistling noise when he farts?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    When you look at it long enough, 'pink' is a really weird word. It's like the sound of dropping your glass eyeball on the tile and having it bounce away. Pink pink pink pink pink...

Will you marry me!?
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    First, you should find some consolation that it wasn't Nickelback.

Second, check your scale. See if a mysterious person has been using it.

If the answer is "yes" to the second question, then start to worry.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    At face value, I'd have to agree that he was probably embarrassed. However, none of us know you or your husband or your relationship and it's none of our business either. Our opinions are only based on our own experiences and ideals.

Either have a chat with him to find out for sure or let it go.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    He lied. I'd want to know why.

plain and simple! those who have nothing to hide hide nothing.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    homeboy is embarrassed to admit that he likes to listen to Pink. I get it. Give him a little breathing room. Can't imagine somebody asking me what albums I had downloaded and then having to explain why one day I downloaded Metallica and the next day some Neil Diamond. Get over it. No.......seriously.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Is there any way that the CD's could be for you or another family member whose birthday is coming up?

The lie is what would really bother me.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It's time for you to make a revenge CD ordering.

See how he likes it.