need advice for losing 5lb quick

Options
2»

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I would only eat lean protein and veggies, drink only water and tea. It will suck, but you're doing it for that money at this point! Be prepared to gain it back, but good luck! Hope you make it!
  • LizC27
    LizC27 Posts: 11
    Options
    Google the 3-day military diet----Follow it EXACTLY, and you'll loose it, but don't expect it to stay gone afterwards...LOL
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    This is not a popular opinion I'm sure but yes, you can easily drop 5 pounds of water weight. I do it a couple times a year when I'm heading to a bikini vacation or Vegas and know I'm going to overindulge..i look at it as a preventative measure lol. Drop the carbs to under 50g per day and eat only non processed lean meats, fish and veggies/salads. No carbonated drinks, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, only water or black coffee. For fats you can cook in a little olive oil and/or eat some unsalted almonds. Hover around 1000-1200 calories per day and exercise every day. It will come back almost immediately, but it can be done.

This should only be done for a week to week and a half...no more. It is basically known as a pre-contest diet.
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks, im not necessarily wanting it to stay gone afterwards. I'm all about losing weight the right way, and have been for the past year.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree with the high protein low carb. It should do the trick for you. It's not completely necessary to stay at you low cals either. If you stay at 1200 or even go a little over it should be ok. Keep carbs under 50 and lots of lean protein.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Double your water intake to flush out any water weight, then have a colonic the day before weigh-in.

Neither of these constitute 'real' weight loss but could help you lose any extra pound or two leading up to your weigh-in.
  • maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you have been working out already, and eating correctly, then no you really can't lose 5 lbs in a week.

Not necessarily true. Can you lose 5 lb of fat... nope, but can you lose 5 lb of water weight, maybe.

I lost 13 lbs. once in two weeks for a special event. Lots of protein and fats. (Atkins Phase 1) No fruits and very limited vegetables, such as a small salad a day, or some green beans, broccoli, etc. No more than 30 gms of those kind of carbs a day. Not the healthiest way to go, especially for long term, but I reached my goal for that event.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Buy a Xyngular Ignte Kit. (Google it). It's $240 The 8 day ignite will jump start your metabolism and you will loose weight and inches if you stick to the 8days without cheating. I did t and kept it off for 3 months. I did lose 8lbs and 6inches in just 8 days.

You do not 'jumpstart' your metabolism - it is not like a car with a dead battery. Its a VLCD with some random supplements.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    If you are left handed, cut off your right hand.

If you are right handed, well, you can figure out the rest.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest finding someone with Norovirus and kissing them deeply.