• Howl2013
    Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    And don't buy cheap stuff.

Agreed
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I really enjoy eating bacon and obviously its not a great choice for a variety of health reasons. I've heard that switching to turkey bacon is a good option but the one time I tried that it was awful! My bf basically threw a tantrum because it was so yucky. I want to try eating turkey bacon again but was wondering what brand you recommend that tastes the best? I don't want to keep wasting my money on something I won't like or that isn't healthier. Any other tips about healthy bacon eating practices? Thanks!

Please stop with this, turkey bacon is not a viable alternative to real bacon
  • Linda_59
    Linda_59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Candian bacon it is not that bad for you
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No.
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Either Oscar Mayer or Butterball (can't remember which brand) has turkey bacon that actually gets crispy. It says so on the package, and from personal experience, it's pretty good.
  • jaqulineroberts
    Options
    We switched to turkey bacon about a year ago and my Husband loves it now. After a few that were horrible we found the Jenny O brand was best for us
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    eat the real thing in moderation.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to eat fake bacon...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Most turkey "bacon" is a science experiment.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Eww! No!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Just eat organic back bacon, should have less saturated fat and chemicals, more protein.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I work for a turkey farms, feeds and processing division........ not a shot in hell I'll ever eat turkey bacon again. Just get the real thing if you want bacon. I'll take 2 strips of real bacon over 6 strips of turkey bacon any day.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Sweet baby panda tears, when are people (especially women) going to ditch this paralyzing fear of food that exists in nature? Go against convention and take your cues about food from facts rather than from Dr. Oz or Shape magazine.

I eat real bacon, and I eat a lot of it. The kind I eat, found in my plain old local grocery store, is uncured, has no added nitrates or nitrites, has only 80 calories per serving (2 slices), 7 g of protein, and of the 6 g of fat, fewer than half are saturated fat. Please read labels before you categorically deem something "unhealthy."
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Butter ball - LOW Sodium. oh and cook it on a cookie sheet in the oven on 375 for about 20 min. and cook it WELL done. That way its crispy and may reflect a closer taste to real bacon.

Also if you do cook regular bacon - i recommend cooking it in the oven the same as you do the turkey bacon. It NEVER shrivels up into small pieces like it does if you cook it on a skillet. Its AWESOME! an it stays flat and crispy!
  • wvwinner
    wvwinner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The only turkey bacon that I will eat is the Lilydale daystarters turkey bacon, which you can get at Costco. I have tried many other kinds and they are all gross, but I LOVE this one. My boyfriend is a big bacon fan and I even got him hooked on this stuff as well. :)
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon must be cooked completely or it tastes like rubber lol, I switched to turkey bacon last year and at first I hated it but now I prefer it. It has to be cooked so that its crispy though for me to enjoy it. Probably still not the healthiest though.
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    Options
    I actually have learned to prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon. But brands definately differ in taste!! I like Oscar Meyer turkey bacon the most and always have it on hand especially for the times Im running late and have to make dinner fast. So its breakfast for dinner! Super quick and healthy!!!
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    I have bacon medallions as theres no fat on em