Options

Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    The first season was great.

The first book was great.

The second book was good.

The second season was awful. Complete travesty.

The third book was good. Not quite as good, but pretty good.

The rest of the books are a rambling disaster.

I have no expectations that the show will be any good going forward.

Where did you see the second season. It has not aired yet??
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Love the books, the show is pretty good too I wasn't disappointed for once. The actors do a really commendable job. Tired of George R.R. Martin not finishing the series fast enough. There was roughly a 4 year gap between when book 4 was released and book 5, way too long. Who knows when the story will end.

You should try reading the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series if you haven't already. Fourteen books, each 600-900 pages, and the final one just came out this week--the last 3 books were co-written with a second author because Jordan passed away in 2007 and left all his notes and recommendations to his wife (his editor) on who he wanted to finish the series in case he died before he was done! I've been waiting 2 years for the last book!

After book 5, it also starts losing focus and rambles on and gets too big.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ofc it has, season 3 starts march 31
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Ofc it has, season 3 starts march 31

What is ofc?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Sure has.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes?year=2012
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Love the books, the show is pretty good too I wasn't disappointed for once. The actors do a really commendable job. Tired of George R.R. Martin not finishing the series fast enough. There was roughly a 4 year gap between when book 4 was released and book 5, way too long. Who knows when the story will end.

You should try reading the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series if you haven't already. Fourteen books, each 600-900 pages, and the final one just came out this week--the last 3 books were co-written with a second author because Jordan passed away in 2007 and left all his notes and recommendations to his wife (his editor) on who he wanted to finish the series in case he died before he was done! I've been waiting 2 years for the last book!

at least Jordan had some idea how to move a plot forward incrementally. Martin truly has no clue. the last two books were among the worst fantasy I've ever read. nothing happened. literally nothing. he sure has his work cut out for him in this next book.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh...my boyfriend is OBSESSED with this show. I have watched a few epsiodes with him and while I enjoy the story line and all the details and things going on, I just can not get past all the rape and sexual violence that happens in the film.

Maybe I would like the books?

Yeah if you prefer your rape and sexual violence in text format instead. I do.

agreed
  • Charlie003
    Options

Sure has.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes?year=2012

****, I did see season 2. Why do I not remember watching it???????
  • sethtrigg
    Options
    i have watched the first episode it looks a little weird, with the little demon thing in the woods. does it get more interesting?
  • Charlie003
    Options
    i have watched the first episode it looks a little weird, with the little demon thing in the woods. does it get more interesting?

It all depends on your taste. It does.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Maybe because it was so disappointing that your mind excised it as a defensive measure?
  • Charlie003
    Options

Maybe because it was so disappointing that your mind excised it as a defensive measure?

Maybe. Really weird.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Love the show. Starting in the books as soon as I finish Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series (on the last book now).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

For EVERYONE she is a boring character. Perhaps you should know what you're talking about before letting the insults fly.

Edit for clarification: she's fascinating in the first book and series. Not so much in the second book and series. And then......
  • Megamus55
    Options
    I heard on the radio yesterday that Martin had released a chapter of the next book as a teaser, think its on his website, I haven't gotten that far yet, i'm bouncing between the game of thrones books and the Wheel of time series, which is also really good.
  • wyattlawless
    wyattlawless Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Daenerys Is a great character. She is gonna be the next "It Girl" in Hollywood.. MARCH cant come soon enough.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the Martin had NOT told the tv show how it ended because he wasn't quite sure himself and he didn't want anyone else finishing the series if he died.

I'm fairly sure that the reason is that he has no idea how it ends. Which isn't a crime. Many writers let the story come to them organically. But books 4 and 5 have him just spinning wheels for 1400 pages of text. Two entire books where nothing happens and i hated life. If he had a clue where he was going he would have advanced the plot forward. At least a little bit.
  • Anna8706
    Anna8706 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the Martin had NOT told the tv show how it ended because he wasn't quite sure himself and he didn't want anyone else finishing the series if he died.

I'm fairly sure that the reason is that he has no idea how it ends. Which isn't a crime. Many writers let the story come to them organically. But books 4 and 5 have him just spinning wheels for 1400 pages of text. Two entire books where nothing happens and i hated life. If he had a clue where he was going he would have advanced the plot forward. At least a little bit.

I loved the first book and love the show, but heard terrible things about the lack of progression in later books so I stopped wasting my time and decided I'd just enjoy the visual display of the show to see "what happens"

Winter is coming!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

WOT is amazing I finished the last book (900pages) in 10 hours. BS did a really go job of finishing it
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

For EVERYONE she is a boring character. Perhaps you should know what you're talking about before letting the insults fly.

Edit for clarification: she's fascinating in the first book and series. Not so much in the second book and series. And then......
    Righttt, i find it really fascinating that YOU can tell that for every person on the planet that watches the show find that character boring. Whatever man.