What is your favorite breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ahallen83
    ahallen83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    for the last few months I've been having:

1/2 cup greek yogurt (0% or up to 2%) and 1 cup frozen thawed blueberries
    2 tbsp Chia seed cereal (Holy Crap or Qu'ia brand) or 1 serving (1/3 cup dry) oatmeal and 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 whole egg (boiled, poached or fried) or 1/4 cup 2% or less cottage cheese
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 cup black coffee
    lots of water

Lately I've been bulletproofing my coffee (blending it with coconut oil, which I really love because it keeps me full for a really long time with no caffiene crash) so I've started cutting out the peanut butter if I don't have sufficient gym time to burn it off that day :)
  • eyeslikesummer
    eyeslikesummer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a ...

Smoothie made with 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, strawberries, and a banana

Or

Oatmeal made with a mashed melted banana and a tbl of peanut butter
  • lamurphy37
    Options
    Hello I am 46 years old I started my journey to weight loss a week ago. I weighed in this morning and proud to say I have lost 1 pound. I am definitely no expert on what to eat and not to eat. I am learning as I go with lots of guidance. My favorite breakfast so far has been the following:

1 packet regular oatmeal
    1 small cup applesauce mixed in the oatmeal
    1/2 grapefruit
    2 cups water

OR

1 can slim fast
    2 cups water

I am a picky eater and a basic person. Any ideas are welcomed.
  • awahl100
    awahl100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One egg over easy, orange juice, a sourdough English muffin with organic peanut butter on it.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    During the week, I eat a Power bar on the way to the Gym.

During the weekends, I will go for two eggs over medium and either bacon or sausage.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Mmmm breakfast in my favorite meal! Eggs, bacon, whole wheat toast, coffee with some Baileys.
  • scoutiekitten
    Options
    Boiled Duck egg & toast! We have our own chickens and ducks - so eggs are fresh and taste amazing. Or bacon from our neighbours pigs - we should be getting our own to rear for the table in a couple of months - can't wait!
  • xcamx1293
    xcamx1293 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with strawberry jam and flax seed! (:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Egg and veggies with ham wrapped in half a mountain bread wrap, followed by 1/2 a sandwich thin covered in peanut butter, banana and honey with coffee and milk. My favourite meal of the day
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love syrup porridge (made with water) with sliced banana and strawberries. So good i have it almost everyday! <3!

I have eggs at the weekend :). x
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1 c. mixed frozen fruit (strawberry, peach, and banana)
    1 c. almond milk
    spoonful of ground flaxseed
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 Tbps. Natural Peanut Butter
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    This is what I usually have when I am home from work:

A smoothie made with orange juice, a banana and some other fruit. Today I used blackberries.
    Then I wait about an hour and have 2 scrambled eggs with some shredded cheese, two pieces of toast and coffee with cream.

When I am working, I usually take dry cereal and a container of soy milk to eat/drink en route to work.

But one of my all-time favorite breakfasts is chorizo with hash browns and scrambled eggs on tortillas.
  • KittenTikka
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is poached egg on buttered wholemeal toast.

Normally I have a cup of tea! If I have time/or I'm hungry enough to eat at early o'clock, I have porridge oats made with hot water, topped with soya/almond milk and a sprinkling of dried fruit/nuts mix
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    5-6 eggs with tons of veggies, beans and salsa.

:smile:

Breakfast of champions!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    a 3 egg white omelet with mushrooms, onions and diced ham topped off with a slice of american cheese. yummm!!!!
  • Buggsiehb
    Options
    Two fried eggs (no oil non-stick pan) on enormous bed of fresh spinach with grilled tomates and turkey bacon
    I am trying to keep my cholesterol in check so sprinkle oat bran on the eggs Keeps me going for about 6 hours without needing a mid-morning snack:wink:
  • Hannahmave
    Options
    this is really boring but i really like a poached egg on a slice of toast. Or porridge with banana on top x
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every day!

I put:

Spinach
    Frozen berries
    Coconut Dream
    Ekotic Yogurt with pineapple, banana coconut
  • brazillover
    brazillover Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Toasted whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbsp. Peanut butter and sliced banana. Yummy!
  • ilivepaleo
    Options
    I found that breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day.
    I start out with a 4 egg omelet with peppers, mushrooms, onion, lots of spinach, all cooked in a big spoonful of coconut oil, with 4 slices of turkey bacon.
    DO NOT eat ANY wheat. EAT lots of FAT. You will lose weight and feel better
    I've lost 160 pounds now. Check out my Facebook page: Paleo Man

LCHF = FREEDOM