Green smoothies - what's in yours?

Options
2»

Replies

• 0gone0
    0gone0 Posts: 15
    Options
    2-3 cups spinach, 1/2 of a frozen banana, 1/2 to 1 cup homemade milk kefir, and 1/2 cup frozen berries or other fruit (like mango). Give it a whirl in my blender.
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas on other vegetables that taste alright in smoothies... I'm thinking I need to up my veggies in my smoothie!!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been adding a cucumber and three stalks of celery to mine (3-4 cups of water, protein powder, flax seed, various fruit). The fruit covers the taste of the vegetables, but gets me to add more vegetables to my diet.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I add water as my additive and I like it just fine, plus it cuts back on the unnecessary calories. My usual is:

Handful of spinach
    1 Banana
    flax seed
    1 cup of berries
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1 cup of water (I add more for consistency if needed)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    These all sound really delicious! I'm going to try these.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1-2 cups spinach
    1 banana
    1 cup oj
    1 yoplait lite very vanilla
    1 cup ice
  • sparklenessluv7
    Options
    I usually do a pretty simple one, that fills you up, and is super yummy and healthy, with vanilla froyo(can be substituted with frozen bananas,) carrots, pineapple juice, and oj, it's very citrusy and yummy! :)
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Changed up my whole shake recipe as of this week. Now I'm doing -

Vega One Nutritional Protein Powder - dairy/soy free
    Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk
    2 oz Organic Aloe Vera Juice
    1 tbs Organic Chia Seeds
    1 tbs Raw Organic Almond Butter
    1/3 Fresh Banana

Then to that I either add Raw Greens Powder or a handful of kale or spinach.

Super super yummy.
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    Good call With the "Ginger" for the Young and motivated ladies, Ginger is actually a household remidy dating back to the chinies that helps lighten up Menstual symptoms
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    We're just coming off a 7-day smoothie fast. We got the recipes from IncredibleSmoothies.com. Check there!
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here is my morning smoothie: It is yummy
    Cal: 510
    Carbs 87
    Fiber 16
    Sugar 53
    Protein 67
    Fat 5

Stoneyfield Organic - Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Nonfat, 0.5 Cup
    Optimum Nutrition - 100% Gold Standard Whey (Double Rich Chocolate), 2 rounded scoop (30.4g)
    Veg - Raw Carrot, 2 carrot
    Generic - Organic Spinach Leaves, 6 ounces uncooked
    Blue Diamond - Almond Milk - Original, Vanilla, Unsweetened - Lisa, 0.5 CUP (240ml)
    Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.3 cup, unthawed
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 cup, quartered or chopped
  • kimmpro
    Options
    I also add in my Vi Shape Shake mix
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    2-4 cups baby kale
    1-2 frozen banana(s)
    1-2 cup(s) frozen fruit- usually a mix of pineapple, strawberries, papaya and mango

1+cup water

I don't know how many calories it's got (300-500?) but this usually makes 2 giant glasses.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Water, tofu, coconut oil, chia seeds, spinach, collard greens, parsley. It's high is fiber, healthy fats, protein, and minerals. It doesn't taste like a milkshake, but it won't make you puke either.
  • itsjustjosie
    Options
    I do half a cup non fat vanilla yogurt, one cup orange juice 2-3 cups spinach and one to one and a half cups of frozen strawberries, mango, pineapple, and peaches or mixed berries. so good. I drink one to two a day.
  • caperam
    caperam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We call them Green Monsters because the kids thought they sounded cool and weren`t put off by the color of the smoothie. If you use chocolate protein powder, it becomes a ``purple people eater``.

1 cup strawberry or raspberry flavored Kefir
    1 cup mixed frozen fruit (defrosted)
    3 tbsp vanilla or chocolate protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    3 big handfuls spinach
    Frozen banana

Put everything into a blender in this order: Flax, spinach, fruit, kefir, protein powder. Blend well. This way the spinach and flax is weighed down and purees really well. If it`s too thick, I`ll add more kefir until I get the consistency I want.

I usually double the recipe. That way we all get to have one.