Looking for working moms to add :D

Options

Replies

• sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,too. I am a working mum - 40 hours a week and got two teenage boys. I plan to get my bum of the settee and start using the app - couch to 5k from next week on, lol. Not looking forward to it as I am very unsporty to say the least. But plan to do a fun run end of march and I really want to jog/ run it all the way.
  • NCShar
    NCShar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    working mom here too... I am 42 and have two young girls (2 & 5). Would love to connect with others in the same boat!

I will have been on MFP off and on for a year in March and have lost 6 pounds but know if I were more consistent... and how difficult it is to be consistent with young ones running about... I could do better.

Would love to create a group. I am happy to create it and will invite everyone that responded to this post. Is anyone else interested?
    I'd love to join a group if you start one!
  • ClaSSiE86
    ClaSSiE86 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 25 and I work full time as a department store manager so I do find it hard to find the time and energy to exercise!

15995782.png
  • lmgroszek
    lmgroszek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm a full time working mom and have a six (almost seven) year old son and a three year old daughter! It is an exhausting journey, but I want to have energy to play and do fun things with the kids; not just sit around which is what we mostly do!!!
  • Sharita0427
    Sharita0427 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I too am a working mom. I have two little one (6 & 3) and Lords know I can't keep up. My job is demanding and requires me to sit at a desk all day. Feel free to add me. I most definitely could use some encouragement and support.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom too (to an awesome 15 month old) and I could use tips from other moms who succeed at finding time to work out while being with their LOs. I've been logging cals on MFP for a week now and so far it seems easy and I am already seeing results so I've motivated to keep it going! For the first time in a long time my previous low weight seems like a real possibility again! I could use other mom friends to help me with suggestions on how to fit exercise in while spending time with your little ones.

Weird that the original poster of this thread is now an inactive member.... at any rate feel free to add me as friend.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Weird that the original poster of this thread is now an inactive member....

Ahh - I didn't realize that the OP was a year ago ... that makes more sense
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Working Mom here....30 yrs old, have a 6 yr old boy and a 9 yr old stepdaughter (summers only). Life is crazy with my son being in kindergarten and introducing homework into our lives has been a challenge. Things don't always go so smoothly and homework battles can interrupt work-out time.

I'm down for any new friends that want some support and encouragement. We can do this!
  • jenpru3
    Options
    Hi! I have 2 girls, ages 3 & 6.. Its a struggle to find time for myself and them! I would love a few friends who face the same challenges , trying to find time to meal plan AND workout while working, running a home and a family.

Feel free to add me, and anyone else looking for the same!
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old, a 2 year old and a 13 year old stepson. I work in the event business so I have quite a few times when I'm pulling a 12 hour day plus feeding, changing, and trying to spend quality time with all the kids. Somehow I have to fit in a workout. I have a great, supportive husband though so we tag team quite a bit.

Feel free to add me and anyone else who might need support.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Momma of 2 and I sit behind this desk, day in and day out...lol

I've come to LOVE my ME TIME!!! I'm a better wife, momma, friend & person because of it!

Feel free to add me!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am a working Mom of 2 daughters and I work 2 jobs. 2nd one being almost full time also:noway:

With my busy life working my fulltime day job, and then teaching at a University in the evening I can struggle to get in workouts and eating the best.

Feel free to add me for support.
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am a working mum, I do find it hard to fit the gym in as sometimes I don't get much sleep with the little one and is so tired after work and then have to go pick up my little girl from nursery that I'm too tired to do anything. But I am determined to start back at the gym from Monday and go after work and even go to some classes!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom of a 2 and 4 year old. I workout in the mornings before work and before the kids are up. I try to eat clean and my goal is to lose some fat (~ 10 lbs), but also gain muscle in the process, so I've been focusing on weights and moderate cardio. Feel free to add me for motivation/support! :-)
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a working Mum to 2, a boy 12 and a girl 9, I'm 80% full time. I find fitting in exercise tough but like others do it first thing in the morning before everyone gets up or in the evening. We have converted our garage to be a small gym or use DVDs so don't have to go out other than for runs that I tend to do at 6 am. Feel free to add me
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi 47 year old mom, new to MFP and finding it hard to find time for exercise, or should I say motivation. Looking for support to help me with the life changing life style. Second time around for the weight loss and want to make this my last. Feel free to add me.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a working mom. I have a 6yr old son and a 4yr old daughter. I work from 7:30 am to 4:00, So I exercise after they are in bed, kitchen is clean, and lunch boxes are made, between 9:30 and 10:30p.m. I'm doing a program that uses bodyweight and bands every other day, and walk for 30min on days in between. I've been active in MFP since the first week of September but still need to add some friends, so feel free to send a request.
  • bvw116
    bvw116 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I'll be 42 in just a few days, work full time and have 5 year old twins. I find it very challenging to find time to work out! Feel free to add me, I need all the motivation I can get.
  • danacg1
    Options
    You sound like me! I am 38 and also a working mom. I work a full time job during the day and am home by 4:00. My husband is just walking out the door at that time to go to his job and he doesn't get home til an hour before I have to be at work the following morning! Our son is 7 and it is VERY hard to find time to myself to exercise. I have tried the Wii Fit and that is hard to get a long steady workout in because my son wants to "take his turn" right when I get going. I try to walk on my breaks at work, weather permitting. So add me, I need the support as well! LOL :)
  • prtvera
    prtvera Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 years old with 3 boys, 15,14 and 11. One of them is Autistic and require a lot of my attention. I work full time as a Manager. My schedule is crazy between work, cooking, cleaning, homework, sports, diet, exercise and working on not smoking. It's been 3 weeks since I had a cigarette. I love to eat! lol I find that I am motivated to find the time to exercise just so that I can earn more calories so I can eat more. Add me I can help motivate.