Ladies, don't be afraid of lifting heavy (pic)!

Options

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree and thought I would share this quote:

"The myth that women shouldn't lift heavy is only perpetrated by women who fear work and men who fear women."

I completely agree!

Count me as there, as well. Congratulations! Great job!
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    These stories are my favorites. You look fabulous!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Thanks for sharing and for debunking the "bulk up" myth in women! Love how I feel when I lift--though I've got a long way to go to get where you are:)
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Pffft you look amazing before and after! Jealous lol
  • ranntrev
    Options
    you can really tell the difference. im a big fan of weights. what program is it that youre doing? i see some stuff on the bottom of the pic.
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    YOU. ARE. AMAZING!

That is all..........
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Look at those inches gone!! woohoooooo
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love that its only a 2 lb difference, but it looks way different. Did you do any cardio at all when you started lifting? Thank you for going public!!!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thanks for sharing. I'm so inspired to do the 5x5. Did you use a trainer or somebody to help you with form?
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thats why I say don't gauge your progress on the scale. You look fantastic!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing 2 lb difference. Wow! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome. I need to lift on a more regular basis. New Rules for Women is God-Tier
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    you can really tell the difference. im a big fan of weights. what program is it that youre doing? i see some stuff on the bottom of the pic.

I am currently working on a StrongLifts 5x5 Hybrid that my trainer helped me with...as we identified my weak areas and are trying to build those up to help the main lifts.

I hired a trainer for three sessions after my weights started getting heavy enough that I was super concerned about good form. Well worth it for the piece of mind of knowing what I was going right/wrong.

I do some cardio a few times a week just to keep my conditioning up.

I took more progress pics yesterday. My weight is down another half pound - hips are the same, chest and waist are up .5 in.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/avettestingray/Day1toJan.jpg
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    thanks for inspiring me to pick up the book and pick up something heavy - i just posted my progress pics after finishing stage 1 of NR, heavy lifting FTW!!!! :drinker:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, amazing results x
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    I know that the horse has been kicked again and again. There are so many incredibly amazing transformations of ladies who lift heavy, but I still see a lot of women making comments in the forum, "oh, I don't want to get bulky. I just want to tone." I have shared some of my progress with my fellow lifters on my friend's list, but I think I am ready to go public to help debunk the BULKY myth.

Day1toDec.png

That's only a two pound weight loss!

My Fitness Path:
    All of 2011 - cardio only and 1200 cal diet (sometimes), lost 10 lbs but got stuck around 130lbs and didn't like the way my body looked. 28% BF
    Early 2012 - to prepare for Hawaii, I decided to do some Jillian - 30 Day Shred and low cal diet (WW). Lost a couple pounds but still looked the same and the weight came right back when I went to Hawaii. I returned and did 30 Day Shred again and then Ripped in 30 right after. I started lurking in the forums and got curious about heavy lifting.
    May/June 2012 - Picked up New Rules of Lifting for Women. Did Stage 1 and got some pretty good results, but wasn't watching my diet. Went on Vacation for a month and didn't work out or watch my diet. Put on a couple pounds. Restarted NROL4W in late Aug. Stage 2 looked too complicated with too many lifts to remember.
    Oct 23 2312 - Got over my fear of the barbell and started Strong Lifts 5x5. I learned more about diet and ignored MFP's lo cal recommendations and I eat at TDEE - 15%, 40% protein and 30/30 carbs and fat. I try to eat pretty "clean" but sometimes go with if it fits in your macros (IIFYM) and I like craft beer.
    Today (12/8) - Ending week six and starting week seven this weekend. Holding steady at 125lbs (3 weeks now), waist went from 27.5 to 25.25 inches. Body fat measuring 20.5% this morning.

After reading about Staci the powerlifter, I got inspired. I don't really care about my body weight so much anymore. I care about adding weight to the barbell and lowering my body fat %.

I <3 weights and really believe more women should conquer their fears and go for it!

Super inspired.....thanks for posting and BTW men should follow suit.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting this! i think its really important for women to see this ! :) very inspiring, you look amazing.:smile:
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting! I lift heavy as well and am planning on doing some before/after pics. You look great! Love the Scooby Website and Keep it up! - Sal
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!