Snacks?!?

Options
CinthiaF
CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
What do you consider a snack??
How many times a day do you eat a snack a day??

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    A snack to me is anything that is not part of a planned meal.

I eat them a lot - too many! :laugh:
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I consider any food(s) you eat between your major meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) a snack. I usually have two snacks a day - one in the morning between breakfast and lunch and one in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. Sometimes I'll have a snack in the evening as well - after dinner and working out, mainly only if I am famished though. I try and keep all my snacks between 100-200 calories. HTH!
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    Something you eat between meals. anything between 100-200 calories. If you get past 300 calories, it's becoming more of a meal & not a snack.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I eat almonds, dried apricots, applesauce (no sugar added), carrots, on a regular basis for snack choices. I eat 1-2 snacks a day. I consider anything not eaten at meals as a snack. I don't eat processed sugar or white flour so I tend to go for the healthier and more nutritious snacks. I usually snack in the late afternoon or between lunch and breakfast if I have been to the gym and feel I need something for my blood sugar. This has worked well for me and I believe it has kept me from getting crazy hungry and overeating. I have lost 23 pounds in 12 weeks so I am happy with my weight loss. :smile:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day. Breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, Dinner, snack :smile:
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Thank you Everyone. I will have to look in to the carrots and stuff really. Can you eat them with Ranch dressing?? Or is that too many Calories in it??
  • lick25
    lick25 Posts: 27
    Options
    I went shopping today and bought some Granola bars for snacking on. I got Maple Syrup flavoured ones and they're yummy! 185 calories for 2 so a reasonable amount for a snack by the sounds of it!! They have 11 on the sugar though so thats not so good :grumble:
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Options
    Try the fat free or Light Ranch
  • lick25
    lick25 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you Everyone. I will have to look in to the carrots and stuff really. Can you eat them with Ranch dressing?? Or is that too many Calories in it??

When I want to know how much is in something, I go to add food and search the database then look at nutritional value without adding it to the meal!! This helps me plan some meals to!
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Since i started counting calories and having a limit of 1,200 i stopped having snacks. not because i couldnt but because i was budgeting my foods, i would think to myself 'right a bowl of cerial is 150, that means i can have --- for lunch and ---for dinner' and i sometimes had 700 cals a day without realizing it so i could of had a snack if i wanted it. but the big thing for me was that after i ate a meal i noticed i didnt get hungry again for 5 hours. so i ate a meal every 5 hours, and for once in my life i havnt snacked. if i get home from the gym and im starving then i have a plum or an apple.
    just try and do something else inbetween meals. i do loads inbetween meals and it takes my mind off food and stops me from wanting a snack.
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Thank you arfrazee i will have to go try one of those. Thank you lick25 i will go check that out in get a sec
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with powdered flavored toppings. Rice cakes. Whole grain slice of bread with jelly or natural peanut butter. Pint of organic strawberries. :happy:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    4 snacks a day, between 100 to 200 caloires, Pm snack is one hour before bed, usually more of a protein, a smoothie is good, or a half a sandwich, yogurt.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    most days 2 snacks....breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and snack.. apple slices, fiber one bars, yogurt with fresh fruit added(berrys most of the time)..bananna
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    most days 2 snacks....breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and snack.. apple slices, fiber one bars, yogurt with fresh fruit added(berrys most of the time)..bananna

what does you mini goals mean?? i was reading it and i cant understand it i just thought i would ask :flowerforyou:
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like mini rice cakes. the chocolate ones taste like cocoa puffs! I also eat walnuts, almonds, tangerines, and yummy string cheese!
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    instead of ranch dressing - if you really feel the need to dip your carrots in things (i used to but no longer do), then use hummus or a fresh salsa!
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    what is hummus?? and do you mean Spicy salsa or regular??
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like the quacker sweet and salty bars, special K crisps (i think they are called), fruit, fresh veggies, popcorn with powdered seasoning, low cal yogurt, skinny cow ice cream cone/ or sandwich, boiled egg, crackers, laughing cow cream cheese on celery, I love to snack and I snack in the range of what my body wants (sweet, salty, crunchy, soft, etc) Next time you go to the grocery store spend some time looking at labels. It is worth it in the long run and you may discover things you never knew of.
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    As a snack I have a Freddo Frog. A Freddo Frog is a child's chocolate bar, very small and only two mouthfuls, but when you just need C H O C O L A T E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - a Freddo is perfect and very low in calories.