What day is your weigh day and why?

Options

Replies

• bethany41h
    Options
    I tend to hop of the scale every day -- wish I could stop. But I only log the weight to mpf one day a week, which is Monday morning. But I am changing it to Friday morning because my routine is always messed up over the weekend and I never get the amount of water I do during the week. I thought Monday would hold me accountable for the weekend and it does, but I think Friday will be a more accurate reading of my new healthy habits.
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings and Tuesday mornings. I used to do everyday and it just became to much frustration bouncing around so much. I have a fitbit scale now too which automatically updates my weight on Fitbit and MFP so it would be too crazy to do everyday.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Every morning and every night. I need to know I'm not gaining for more than a few days if a row, or not staying at the same weight for too long. I'd honestly get more paranoid about it/drive myself crazy if I only weighed once a week.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    mine is whenever I feel like it, sometimes I leave it a week, sometimes 2 or a month. I only weigh myself if I feel like my body has changed as I don't want to be discouraged if I gain. Makes sense to me but some ppl find that weird.
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are doing this journey together, and he decided he is following the Biggest Loser Weigh-Ins, so now it is Wednesday mornings.
  • FlorencePS
    Options
    I know it goes against what is recommended and why, but I have to try and weigh in daily. My reasoning is that if I don't, at least right now in the beginning, I tend to fall off the wagon, but even seeing those 1/10th of a lbs disappear keep me motivated and on-track. I'll think twice before starting to graze. 8^)
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    today I stepped on the scale and showed a loss, yesterday I did not. So I logged it :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Depends. The first month I only weighed in twice. Over the two weeks of holidays, every three days. I haven't touched the scale in a little over a week now.
  • mandadawn22
    mandadawn22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sunday, because thats when The Biggest Loser is on, i guess!
  • Kendra7107
    Options
    I usuallly weigh Friday morning because Sunday through Friday afternoon are my easy days. I struggle the most Friday evening and Saturday because I'm out with family and friends. Most of the time I can stick to my diet plan but if I plan to have a "cheat meal" it's usually on Saturday.

Most Fridays I have lost a pound or two and feel motivated going into the weekend. It makes me even more determined to stay on track. Then if I do happen to eat too much on Friday night or Saturday ( My hard days) I have all week to work it off before Friday rolls around again.

Frida is perfect for ME! :bigsmile:
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I never really had an official weigh in day, but I do now. I weigh in on Tuesday, because I joined the Lose a Pound a Week group and we started January 1st - which was a Tuesday. I still occasionally weigh through the week (used to be daily) but I will only log it on Tuesdays.

Joining Lose a pound a week group sounds like a great motivator! Good luck to you.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Saturday..,,not sure why.. Thats when I started so I kept it at that lol
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wednesday first thing in the morning.
  • opal721
    Options
    Every day! Motivates me to see results even if they are tiny.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Sunday - because its the end of the week, and there for the scales will show me how much ive worked over the last weeek. And then its monday which is a new week to kick *kitten*! :)
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Defiantly saturdays. Keeps me in check over the weekend. So I don't blow it. As well, it just feels sensible with the weekend coming. I get up 8 hours after I go to bed (pratically on the dot, like last night I went to bed at 2:45, woke up at 10:15). I poop then I naked-weigh in. And go weeee! Happy!
    Rarely is it a 'drats' or 'grrr bad me'. But those days do happen, espically around my TOM I retain/gain a magical pound that disapears afterwards into a +1+x weight loss next time.
  • caffeinel
    Options
    Sunday's my offical weigh day, makes me feel better and much more motivated for the rest of the week :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Tuesday mornings.
    I was in a weight loss program at my old job and their weigh in was Tuesday. I just kept using the day.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I know that discourages some people, but it keeps me on track. It lets me know if I'm doing something wrong. I gained back 7 pounds after Christmas, and I think if I had been weighing myself during that time frame, I would've been able to control my eating habits better, rather than staying up till 2am eating cookie dough with my friends every other night. :c
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh anymore. Weight is extremely arbitrary and fickle, and I get too obsessive about what the scale says. I'm lifting weights (New Rules of Lifting for Women) to build muscle and not even worried about weight, judging based on clothes fit and measurements.