Guilty as charged!

Options

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I try to never eat all of them since i don't lob butter and stuff like that, i do have days where i go over though, like on Thursday i took the 2 little kids to BP for supper since it was just the 3 of us and i'm sure i ended up over a bit.
  • Losershawn
    Options
    When is guilt ever rational?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Anybody ever feel guilty for eating all their calories?

Nope. I see it as a target, not a limit.
  • nanniejulie
    Options
    to be honest i havent managed to do that yet!!!!!:smile:
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    No way. I eat everyone happily.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It can take a while to shift attitudes, but no, I don't feel guilty. In the beginning I was hyper-aware and constantly fretting over my food choices. I didn't know how to eat healthy. I am still learning. But practice and seeing that a few days over here and there hasn't set me back has eased the worry significantly.

I'm also learning how to adjust for my hunger (i.e - eat more healthy, filling foods instead of junk food, which is high cal and often not filling), so that even when I do go over, I can feel confident that I at least made better food choices.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    No, but if I've eaten them all and find myself really hungry and I am forced to go over I feel guilty. It doesn't last long though. I remind myself that it's only a little and most days I end up under goal and I probably have some to spare and then I'm fine. =)
  • ms_isis12
    Options
    No, because I burn enough in my workouts and we need the fuel to be out best and really push hard when we do workout. :-)
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I think it comes from years of trying to lose weight by eating less, and denial of food to yourself. Now when you see you CAN eat more and its ok, you still feel like you did something bad because all the other diets trained you to think that you had to deny yourself.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    No, that's the idea. And if I go over them - nope, still don't feel guilty. Guilt is meant for more serious things than eating food.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've taken out the guilt by not tracking my exercise calories, and just concentrating on eating at a healthy level with real food.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    What's guilt?
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    Never.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I do I hate getting to my 1300 lol
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Why guilty?!? I love food!
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes...
  • brizforthewin
    Options
    oh all the time ! thats why i like to come in below what i should be at
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest I do, I try to get pretty close down to 1cal left...it usually ends up being 100cals less ....being over makes me feel worse, today is 500cals over but ahh well was a REALLY good date night, plus I don't see my beau till the end of the month now !
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Of course not; you're supposed to. That's how this site is designed, or else your cal deficit is too large.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, so I increased my daily allotment of calories. I always feel better seeing those green numbers instead of the red ones. :smile: