> 300 cals dinner ideas?

Options

Replies

• RhondaBagley
    RhondaBagley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just created a new recipe on mfp. I called it Rhonda's Made @ Home Chipotle' CHECK IT OUT!:flowerforyou:
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash for this. And it is so easy to make, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, place it cut side down in a flat bottomed microwaveable dish, pierce the skin with a fork a few times then microwave for about 8 minutes (it'll vary depending on the size of the squash). Test doneness by trying to pierce the skin again with a fork. If the fork goes in without too much trouble it is ready. Try not to overcook so if it is a small squash microwave for 5 minutes then test it. If the fork tares at the skin then it is too mushy and you probably won't like it.
    Anyway, I cook up a chicken sausage link and some tomato sauce and I feel like I'm really treating myself. Yum.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean?

It is a way of marking a post that you want to read later. It is easier to find then, just go to "My Topics"
  • Tinalynnm
    Options
    Tilapia baked with salsa and black olives, so easy and very low in calories...enjoy!!
  • dangerouscurvesNZ
    dangerouscurvesNZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump = pushes the post to the top of the message board. :smile:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and a piece of fruit. Today I did about a hundred grams each of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, tomatoes and mini peppers for less than 200. Add in a sliced apple and a chia seed tea (1 TBS/ 6 grams milled chia seeds)and you should be right at 300.
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    My favorite go-to dinner is baked salmon with a tiny bit of lemon juice which comes in at about 120 calories per serving, 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 serving of mixed veggies. Comes in at a bit under 300 cals :)
  • jennjenn07
    jennjenn07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jennjenn07
    jennjenn07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • supergirljen
    Options
    Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top

And then I woke up ..

Geez, if only it was so simple.

Shirataki.

and then I puked.
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I found this website the other day and it has a section of recipes devoted to 350 cals or less. A little higher than what you were looking for, but you could always modify the recipe if need be:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/quick_low_calorie_dinner_recipes?slide=1#leaderboardad

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top

"Calorie-free noodles?" Forgive me, but are you being facetious? I love noodles but haven't eaten them for over a year.
  • BrandieBenoit
    BrandieBenoit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cherisadler1
    Options
    Boiled cabbage and 4 oz deli roast beef, It is very good.
  • ogiesmom
    ogiesmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • chunkiemonki09
    Options
    3/4 cup dry noodles & 1/2 cup ragu chunky vegetable sauce
    1c cereal, 1/2c milk ( i use soy) and 1 banana
    thin bagel 1tbsp cream cheese
    salad with fresh veggies & a light raspberry vinaigrette
    2 small tortilla 1 tbsp nutella 1tbsp jet puff marshmellow cream (:
    broiled salmon with fresh greens and a citrus vinaigrette
    crab meat 1/4 c with 1tbsp light mayo , chopped celery and eat on toasted roll
  • supergirljen
    Options
    This girl's blog has a bunch of recipes that seem to be under 300 cal per serving.

http://halfmysize.com/index.php/recipes/category/poultry?start=20
  • supergirljen
    Options
    omg ima newbie
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chili

165 calories per ladelful (well, for the size of my ladel. It is a bit larger)...total 10 servings

1lb 85/15 ground beef (can use turkey for less cals)
    1 46 oz can tomato juice (I used GV brand)
    1 14.5 oz can chili ready diced tomatoes (I used GV brand)
    1 10.75 oz can Campbell's healthy request tomato soup
    1 cup diced onions (or more if desired)
    1 8 oz package white mushrooms (or more if desired)
    Chili powder to taste
    Salt and pepper to taste

Brown hamburger with onions. Halfway to three quarters of the way done on the hamburger, add the mushrooms. Do not drain the small amount of excess fat as this helps to cook the mushrooms. When mushrooms have turned soft but are still somewhat firm, add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high to boiling and then turn down to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally. I wait until there is a small amount of film on the top when simmering before it is ready to serve.

With how low the calories are in the soup, you could either have more soup or add many different toppings.

Enjoy!