Vitamin D deficiency currently 16

Options
124»

Replies

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    whether doctors agree or not, our levels SHOULD be anywhere from 60 to 80.

most of us are in the teens or 20s.

it's a WORLD of difference when you get those levels to where they should be.

^^ Yep! ^^ Although my D came back in the "normal range" at 30, since I've been supplementing with 5000 IU a day I've felt soooo much better (energy, mood, etc)! I can see why the optimal range really is at least 60.

And Naomi - I also agree with you! I live in sunny Florida and try to avoid the sun. I don't want to risk melanoma... and wrinkles!!

Go out and get a little sun. It is not logical to avoid something that is absolutely needed to be healthy.
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options

^^ Yep! ^^ Although my D came back in the "normal range" at 30, since I've been supplementing with 5000 IU a day I've felt soooo much better (energy, mood, etc)! I can see why the optimal range really is at least 60.

And Naomi - I also agree with you! I live in sunny Florida and try to avoid the sun. I don't want to risk melanoma... and wrinkles!!

Go out and get a little sun. It is not logical to avoid something that is absolutely needed to be healthy.

You're right. Since learning about the importance of Vitamin D I'm not hiding from the sun as much as I used to. Being outside DOES make me happier! Thinking back to when I was a teen/in 20's when I layed out in the sun I was so much happier! Don't know if it was the sun or if it was my youth, lol!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Living in the Melanoma Capital Of The World, yeah it is logical to avoid it. I know very few people who have NOT had a skin spot removed. I am just waiting for mine to start showing up, I had at least 50 blistering sunburns in my teens and twenties. 20 minutes a day is needed for adequate D absorption. 20 minutes a day can be deadly in the desert. November through February, sure, I get lots of sun on bare skin. But March through October, no flipping way.
  • SaraJanePOWER
    SaraJanePOWER Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hydration tip.... This is important to me...