Frozen Crock Pot Recipes

VelociMama
VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
A friend of mine directed me to this idea, and I found this blog via google while researching a few recipes.

The idea is to pre-bag several meals that can be quickly thawed and thrown into a crock pot serving a whole family meal. The idea is to spend time prepping the food one day, freeze in individual gallon-size freezer bags, then just defrost and slow cook it for nutritious, inexpensive, and tasty dinners for weeks.

I thought this idea was very creative and would be useful for large families or people on the go.

http://whoneedsacape.com/2012/11/crockpot-freezer-cooking/

This blog contains 40 meals that are prepped in 4 hours then frozen.

If you have any more ideas to add to the list, please share them here.

Replies

• Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    thanks for sharing and great idea. It is good for smaller families like mine too you just divide the recipes up more and have small portions frozen.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Thank you! I need this so badly for my upcoming surgery. I can see it now, if I don't prep some things like this, my poor kid will be eating only chicken nuggets and pb & j for weeks!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Large families and people on the go, hmmm looks like I fall into both categories and love this idea! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Thank you! I need this so badly for my upcoming surgery. I can see it now, if I don't prep some things like this, my poor kid will be eating only chicken nuggets and pb & j for weeks!

I'm doing it before the baby comes so I can just pop these into the crock pot and not rely on junk food during recovery and while my family is here visiting.

Great idea for surgery prep also!
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Bump!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    I love my crock pot. Other good sources for these make-ahead recipes are crockingirls.com, skinnytase.com, and pinterest.com.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    That sounds a lot like the big cook. I've done it with friends and it was a blast. We shopped together, prepped together and divvied up the spoils. It was awesome.

http://thebigcook.com/

There are cookbooks with the recipes, too.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    do a search for freezer cooking on Amazon, and you'll see tons of books on the topic. I am 'freezer cooking' this weekend. Lasagna, Mexican lasagna, beef strogonoff, and beef patties have all gone in the freezer yesterday. today, I am going to make sides (mostly potatoes cause it's what the hubby likes). Maybe a shepherd's pie, and chicken and beef stir fry meat. No kids, or specific reason to do it. I just enjoy spending a great deal of time cooking (seriously) and it gives me week nights free. It's awesome to see your freezer stocked full of food ready to heat up and eat.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Bump!

Thanks for sharing! I recently got a crock pot and am always on the run.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Bump. Thanks
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    BUMP
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Bump!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    I've seen this plenty of times and never saved recipes... bump!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    bump
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    check out the books - dont panic, dinner is in the freezer...
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    yes! I just bought a mini crockpot for lunches. guess who's making mini meals! :D
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    bump
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    sweet idea thanks!
  • bump for home :)
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298
    Do you have to thaw the frozen meals? I think I have read they can go in frozen if you add some cook time.