Women with double belly rolls...

Options
nekosimba
nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
So I need some inspiration with women who have lost their double belly rolls. I have attached pictures of what mine look like. This is after 30 pounds lost, and I'm curious as to how much I will have to lose to make my top roll disappear.

I'm extremely self-conscious about my stomach...especially when one doctor grabbed on to it and said "Whoa, got a bit of a fat tumor there, don't ya?" Yah, never saw him again.

[Images removed by MFP staff]

I'm always looking for new friends and supporters as well.

Replies

• MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have your problem as well congratulations on losing 30 lbs that's an amazing job I am curious as to what other might have to say too.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mine looks pretty much the same as yours does. I have lost 47 pounds but dont see much of a difference in that area. I do elsewhere though. I do know that even though I dont see a change that there is a change since I was fitting into size 18 pants and now am wearing a size 14. I have been incorporating some strength training into my workouts using 5 pound weights and also use kettlebells. I am noticing I am losing inches faster now. Feel free to add me. Oh all my pics are on my profile. The main difference I see is my face.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Dont' have pictures but my are worse than yours... And I got scars. My stomach looks like a sack of potatoes. Sadly, losing weight just made it worse. my surgeon said I should have plastic surgery next year.

But you know the amazing thing - it barely matters. I am dating an awesome guy and he doesn't care.

I look good - I wear spanks and just own it.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello.I can't believe that doctor what a punk! I haven't completely lost mine but it has gone down a lot from running.If you don't want to jog walk as fast as you can.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I'm not helpful in the experience department, but I wanted to comment because I want to watch the thread and see what responses you get. I don't have the top roll, but my belly sags quite a bit and I am VERY self conscious about it. I have been told by several people that if you do fat burning cardio and lots of core workouts, it will go away but there may be some skin baggage leftover.

Anyway, great job on the 30 lbs! I would love to have a new mfp friend/supporter if you want to add me! :)
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What an awful doctor!! I would have kicked him!!

I hate my stomach too! It never 100% went away...but it is...flatter? I have pics on my profile but only in a tankini I bought I might wear this summer. I was once 312 pounds and I am now 185...there should be 2 pics on my profile from when I was heavier too. I was in HS in both of those, one in my prom dress & one sitting under a tree.

When standing facing a mirror my stomach looks flat. When I lie down it is flat. If I stand sideways I can see it isn't super flat and I could loose more...but I don't think I will ever be perfect.
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm no woman but

I think u have done amazing so far
    Don't worry about how much more u have to lose just relax and continue working hard and eating well

I think if u drink water regularly and do the workouts In particular I'd say the shred u will b near Ur goal

Maintain good diet and focus on timings of Ur meals try not to eat late on evenings

Keep going
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I had similar problems. I now have a slight bulge on the bottom and am showing more cut/muscles on upper area and side. I've been at it for 1.5yrs. I have also gone from 198lbs(before joining MFP) to 151lbs. I eat clean(90% of the time), I cardio daily, do strength training 5x a week. Between personal trainer(3x a week, 30 min sessions), Yoga (daily, 60 minutes per session), Spin class(3x a week) and running (3x a week)...I have seen DRASTIC improvement(s).
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    mine took around 45 to lose...kinda. After 3 kids the lower one has enough skin to still have a little flap, but it is getting less flappy.

HANG IN THERE!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Take up belly dancing. There are moves that tone like nothing else.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've heard it wont go away. :o( A few people have said "start saving for a tummy tuck".
  • valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have that too, and have lost about 40, and its still there. :( Not a lot but still there.
  • oreo182
    oreo182 Posts: 17
    Options
    A fat tumor? You must be nice, I probably would have knocked him a good one for saying something like that to me. I can't tell you when it will go away, but I'll follow this thread to see the replies you get, I'm curious too.
  • duckymoo
    Options
    I have the same problem and it's taking a while but not lost that much yet. I'm wondering if the lower bit (kind of flappy and stretchmarked after pregnancy) is going to go away but I think the upper bit, just under my ribcage is getting better. I have to say - great work so far - keep it up!
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the comments and support. I just need to keep going and pushing myself. Getting married in September and a little scared that my belly is going to make me not find the perfect dress.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    I don't have a pic of my stomach either but it looks just like yours and I am super self conscience of it. I have just started the 30 day shred and I'm hoping after a couple Rounds mine while slm down some. I have exercised thru losing weight but have not toned. Hoping at this point if I start toning I can smooth it out even if by a little.
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    bump :) thanks for posting this
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have lost 20 pounds with 20 more to go and I still have double rolls. :((
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem, but I do have a weird thing going on the bottom of my stomach... a vertical line below the belly button? What's that all about? Anyone know? :P
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ah...the double roll. I certainly haven't lost mine, but they feel different.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!