Ladies- Best sports Bra for medium impact & larger chest?

Options

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love under armour sports bras. They are amazing.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    ConstanceMarieRuff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am a 38-40DD and I usually go with the High Impact Champions at Target. I usually buy at 38C though. I may spill out the sides a bit but I am not bouncing at all when I run.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Anita active medium control sports bra. It is in the $60 range. Once I got it I stopped having the back pain I was experiencing from sub par sports bras - I am a 38 G.

I also have the Wirefree no-bounce camisole bra from Glamorise Sport and it was around $40. It is decent but not as supportive.
  • cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RAKPTM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I just got the above. It's made by Glamorise. I'm a 46F(DDD). It fit well and kept everything in place the way it should be. I'm still getting use to it, but I think for the price I might get one or two more. Comes in several colours but the white ones are the least expensive.

Mine was $18.61. Free shipping since I got it with a few other things I needed.
  • nf1982
    nf1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like the Barely There sports bras from Target. Very comfy and suppppper cheap. :)
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Try Title Nine online and check out the 4 barbell styles. The 5 barbell choices are just a little TOO much, I think, I've tried a couple and just didn't like them much. I typically use the "Booby Trap", haha, and find it works great for at home for workouts with jumping. It's definitely a little bit of a compressing bra, but not too bad. For running, I prefer the Champion bras from Sports Authority. I'm not sure the model, but they have adjustable straps (with velcro), regular straps (not t-back or anything), two hook closure and a snap that connects the extra length of strap in the back to the back of the bra. They are not pretty, very utilitarian, but are great running bras, and I would call them more encapsulation than compression. I've had three that I've used for more years than I can recall and they are still in terrific shape.
  • marinesweetheart
    marinesweetheart Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 38DD and I use a Champion sports bra, but I don't know the model name. It has adjustable straps and it hooks in the back with 3 hooks and a snap. Amazon has them in your price range with reviews. I have had mine for a couple of years and I bought two at the same time and I alternate. They're still going strong. I work out between 3 to 5 days a week. To give you an idea of what I put them thru I run, I do zumba, I weight train and I do circuit training. I bit of everything lol
    I hope you can find something that works for you, I know the pain (literally) of working out in a bra that is not supportive enough.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hdfactory
    hdfactory Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear Champions all the time. Size DD. Make sure to get the underwire, thicker material, no frills just plain with eyes that attach like a bra. The underwire helps believe me and I don't bounce. I have a champion I bought and don't use that has velcro straps and looks more like a summer short top but the velco straps don't stay fastened with exercise. I have had two of my favorites for MANY years. They are sturdy.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DDD after weight loss. I do spin class with lots of routines six days a week and I found the girls all over the place. I got a goddess bra from a specialty bra shop and those girls stay put. They are 48 dollars. I am not sure if this is compression or encapsalated type bra. Don't think I ever thought about it. I tried to purchase them online but from what I found they seem to ship to stores. I went back to the shop and brought three more. You should wash them by hand. THey will last longer. I do not like undewire bras. I find that chafe me or start digging in me at some point. Maybe they are worth retrying now that I have a different body.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I second the ones from Target! I get the champion brand with the racer back. I also wear a exercise top that has a shelf bra built in. The combination works well for me. I am a DD.
  • auburngrad92
    Options
    To not compress fuller breast but to lift seperate and control bounce, you are going to have to spend $60 to $72. One person mentioned the Freya active underwire. I love it and it is a strong seller in my store. It runs $60. I play golf, ride horses and work out at the gym so i have put it through the paces. Panache new sports bra is $72 and is also a great choice. Elomi underwire sport bra will run $64 and if you are a 36 band or above it too is a fantastic level 5 anti bounce bra. They will last way longer than anything Under Armour, Nike or Champion make. Remember to laundry after no more than 2 wears with a mild soap preferably Woolite or Dreft and hang to dry. Absolutly so fabric softner, it will ruin them very quickly! I have been in the bra business for 15 years and these are the products I recommend. Remember quality counts to prevent breast tissue damage from impact excercising. Once damaged it can't be repaired. I hope this helps and good luck on your excersise. I find I am excercising more and more so i can buy myself more calories! I love to eat 1 that is why I have become a big myfitnesspal fan. 4 pounds lost yeah!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have tried Elomi, Freya, Enell, Goddess, Shock Adsorber (At at 36 G (UK), I'm too big for Moving Comfort). I currently wear a Shock Adsorber D+ something for high impact stuff and Elomi for walking or hiking or when a uniboob is inappropriate, but I definitely couldn't run further than across the street in it comfortably.

My advice is go and get fitted and spend the money on good, supportive sports bra--you can skimp on the rest of your outfit. Once you have a good one, hand wash it after every wear. We you can afford a second one, look on online. I have had good luck finding them at a reasonable prices on the internet (amazon.com, herroom.com, etc.)
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love under armour sports bras. They are amazing.

ditto..mine has held up forever..awesome quality!
  • Myzztique
    Myzztique Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To not compress fuller breast but to lift seperate and control bounce, you are going to have to spend $60 to $72. One person mentioned the Freya active underwire. I love it and it is a strong seller in my store. It runs $60. I play golf, ride horses and work out at the gym so i have put it through the paces. Panache new sports bra is $72 and is also a great choice. Elomi underwire sport bra will run $64 and if you are a 36 band or above it too is a fantastic level 5 anti bounce bra. They will last way longer than anything Under Armour, Nike or Champion make. Remember to laundry after no more than 2 wears with a mild soap preferably Woolite or Dreft and hang to dry. Absolutly so fabric softner, it will ruin them very quickly! I have been in the bra business for 15 years and these are the products I recommend. Remember quality counts to prevent breast tissue damage from impact excercising. Once damaged it can't be repaired. I hope this helps and good luck on your excersise. I find I am excercising more and more so i can buy myself more calories! I love to eat 1 that is why I have become a big myfitnesspal fan. 4 pounds lost yeah!

Thank you :)
    I've only managed to find one brand in my size locally in South Africa and they are extremely expensive and compress. Looks like I will have to try importing...
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Adjustable-Bounce-Control/dp/B00553XMRA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1358225539&sr=8-4&keywords=glamorise+sports+bra

I run and wear a G cup. This bra is amazing! When I bought my first one- I thought it would just be ok, but I've continued using this style as I've lost weight.
  • auburngrad92
    Options
    Try figleaves.com or bramissmo.com I think I spelled that correctly. i hope this helps.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I dislike sports bras always felt like a straight jacket to me.I wear a minimizer bra (Balu Satin Tracings minimizer). They are my fave.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    *Bali