Any 40 somethings out there?

Options

Replies

• lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!

I am just trying the EM2LW and excited about it. I mention it for you because of your time frame and the great examples people have of losing and toning because they do heavy weights. You would surly see results before your trip.

Envy you taking a vacation -- sounds wonderful!!!

Good luck!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and would love to provide support and encouragement to others. I've been on MFP for a year now, and so far, I've lost 26 pounds (from 155 to 129). My goal is to lose another 4 pounds and tone up in the process. Feel free to add me.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and to be honest...... I hate it!! LOL....not really, such is life. :bigsmile:

I've been on here a while and the site has helped me tremendously. Feel free to add me. I'm always open to new ideas and learning & sharing ways to reach my goals.

Good luck!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm still 44 for a few more months. I know exactly what you mean about gaining weight together. My husband and I have both gained together, over the last 23 years together. But he's super tall and just looks like a big man. I'm super short and look very round. It's not fair!!

Anyway, I've been on MFP for 3 months. I lost 12 pounds and gained back 2. They WILL be going away again very soon!
  • Dymatized
    Options
    40.5 years old blah. Add me if you dare lol
  • dave0628
    dave0628 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also looking to add some myfitnesspal friends to help wth accountablitiy and motiviation as I lose this weight. Add me if you like!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I am 46, a Mum of three, a Grandma of one and step Grandma to two more.

I have just started pole dancing lol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Work hard, eat clean, drink water, sleep for 8 hours. It's easy. Lol
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, and saying welcome and add me if you want! I've found that the more consistent I am with MFP, the more consistent I am with working out and eating clean. So, I'm going to stick around for a while! Good luck to you!
  • lscully117
    Options
    Count Me IN..Just Joined..Have 57 pounds to lose!:sad:
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm 42....and I'm right there with ya!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome its a great group of people on MFP very motivating and inspiring.. Feel free to add me I am some what new here as well, trying to get into good habits. The motivation and friends help. Good luck to you
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 on September 11th of last year. I'm back with a vengence on MFP and have lost 5 pounds since my return on December 28th. If anyone would like to add me, that would be fantastic! Also, does anyone else find it harder to loose weight in your 40's???
  • erinpooh
    Options
    43, two kids, and hoping to be at goal by my 44th birthday in June. Feel free to add me.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • cathybock
    cathybock Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    46 (next week), 2 kids, divorced and just now back to my pre-holiday reported weight.
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I turned 40 on September 11th of last year. I'm back with a vengence on MFP and have lost 5 pounds since my return on December 28th. If anyone would like to add me, that would be fantastic! Also, does anyone else find it harder to loose weight in your 40's???

Absolutely! It's so unfair!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Absolutely! It's so unfair!

YES!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Mexico a week and a half ago (and I miss it desperately! Winter is terribly overrated in my book!)

46 and always looking for friends and recipe exchange. Add me and we'll inspire each other !

Welcome to the site! It's a fabulous support system!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    51 - looks like I found this thread too late :(