Replies

• plcowner
    plcowner Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am Irish, Ukrainian and Romanian
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    From my mother's side I am part German, French and Native American. I do not know anything about my biological father's side. The father who raised me is 100% Irish, so I joke I got my freckles and reddish hair from his side of the family. :wink:

Based on my picture, does anything about my background stand out to you?
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All I know is I'm part German. I don't know anything from my dad's side or much from my mom's :(
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm half Polish/Ukrainian

the only thing Polish about me is my last name lol
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm about an even split of German/Polish....not sure which features are which.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    What country someone comes from has absolutely no effect and is no indication of what they look like.

you couldn't be more wrong. unless you are saying that if two Nigerians move to Japan and have a baby that it wont look traditionally Japanese. but thats just stating the obvious.

as people migrated out of Africa and settled all over the world natural selection made people adapt to where they lived and thus startred to look a certain way. among other factors as well..
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    <~~~ 100% Polish
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I'm a Heinz 57 as my grandpa used to say. Irish, Dutch, Welsh, and Scottish.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    paternal grandfather is from Manchester, UK
    paternal grandmother is from London
    maternal: German (primarily) with a touch of tribal American and emancipated slave

I have a proud heritage, I just don't show it all.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What country someone comes from has absolutely no effect and is no indication of what they look like.

Whatever school you went to owes you a refund.

That. Your heritage plays a huge role in your appearance, it's called evolution (learned in 7th grade biology). To clarify, your appearance is impacted by the regions of the world from which your heritage initiates country boarders are man made things that don't necessarily follow the natural boundaries layed out by region. From there you are more likely to favor which ever traits have the greater dominance for genetic markers, not to say that only dominant genes are favored.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My dad's half Italian, and really looks it (dark complexion, etc.), and his other half is Heinz 57 as someone else said lol. I inherited those traits - dark hair and eyes (so brown they're almost black in the right conditions), and I tan up very well - not quite like my dad, but compared to my mom and sister, I'm pretty dark.

When others try to guess, I tend to get Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, and most recently (and it seems kind of odd to me) Russian.
  • CodyGearhart
    Options
    hi i need help with knowing what nationality i am guys. i am 6 foot 2 i have freckles on my shoulders and a little bit of freckles on my back? i have blue eyes blonde hair the blonde hair part is like that it's dark blonde hair with some light in it and it seems to almost look strawberry blonde when exposed a lot in the summer i have white pale skin i think like my legs get extremley white almost like a ghost lol but i do not know very much about my dad's side or my moms but my mom had long red hair and freckles as well and my dad had blue eyes? but his hair is the the same mine though but his hair is slightly slightly darker than mine. so if anyone could help me with indentifying this for me or have anymore questions to help indentify it more just ask and please help thank you!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    I'm Polish, Irish, French, and German.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I totally agree. It's verging on racism, IMO.

Certainly there are traits that different from region to region (country to country) but there are also a lot of similarities as well. Many look at me and ask if I am European (broad), Afghani, Lebanese, Spanish, Portugese and a few that asked if I was Russian. I don't take it in offense when they ask me because I am not going to assume it was to be rude or racist but because they think I look like I or my family may have originated there and often is just a question on where I come from.

It was just a older lady making remarks on what the OP's traits appeared to come from, from her perspective.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Little old ladies are seldom PC and have earned a pass on it anyway in my book.

Take it as a compliment. Eastern Europeans, in particular the Polish, Ukrainian, and Russians, at least to me, are some of the most beautifully featured people on the planet. All nationalities have their beauty, but some of the most beautiful faces/features that I've seen come from the Eastern Europeans.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i am french jewish, native american and a bit of german. i *look* about as "irish" as a person can but far as we know there's none in the family tree.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options

I totally agree. It's verging on racism, IMO.

Are you guys kidding?? Where a person comes from (meaning their genetics and ancestory line) has everything to do with the way we look.. It is how we evolved. It's a proven fact... for example, Eskimos have thicker brows, eyelids, and skin to help protect them from the cold. You can't debate genetics....
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Okay...what am I? :happy:
    based on you avatar, I'd say pretty damned cute
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Raised in the US. Both parents born in the US and adopted so don't really know much about biofamily history, but from what my mom knows of her heritage she has some German and Polish blood in her.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Whatever school you went to owes you a refund.

Agreed. I can see s difference in people depending on what region they are from.

I am almost full blooded German. On my dad's side everyone is German, except one Scottish person who I descend from . My mom's side is the same, German with one Welsh person. We all "look the part".

If anyone can figure out where the last name "Ply" originated from , please let me know. It is a family mystery.