I call BULLSHYT on 1200 calorie diets.

Options
13»

Replies

• RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    if I eat real food then I get full 24/7 around 1500 calories but if I eat fast food I don't feel full until around 3000 calories so it's really hard to find a balance I just set my account to 1300 per day and try to eat close to that as much as possible I used to exercise and eat more but I honestly don't care anymore I have a calorie deficit and I'll lose it when I lose it
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Need to pull this one back out too:

16594965.jpg
  • aponia
    aponia Posts: 28
    Options
    Everyone's nutritional needs are different. 1,200 calories is the standard medical minimum that doctors recommend. Some people need more, some less. I can't make it up to 1,200 calories a day - it's too much for me, because I eat such low calorie foods (though I still eat plenty). Everyone's basal metabolic rate is different (how many calories you burn whilst doing nothing - simply existing) and some of us burn more calories while sitting on our butts than others do. Find what works for YOU but I wouldn't call 1,200 calories a day bull****. It clearly works for some of us.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...The problem is that you will drastically lower your RMR, and will have to continue eating at 1200 calories a day to maintain once you reach your goal.

OMG No! :noway: I call BULLSHYT on this statement. In a previous post I stated that I lost weight just fine on 1280. I have been on maintenance for almost 2 YEARS and counting. I DID NOT need to stay at 1280 to maintain. I maintain at about 1800 PLUS all exercise calories - so usually something over 2000. Stop scaring people that they are going to be stuck at 1200 forever...That's garbage! :tongue:
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I realize I shouldn't take the bait on this one, but, I just can't help calling stupid, stupid.

Everyone is different. Everyone has different goals, issues, lifestyles and even some have hormone issues that ALL contribute to their different weight loss journey.

I have been on a 1200 calorie a day regimen for a long time now. Look at me, I'm just fine. No, I don't have an eating disorder. I was given the ok by my doctor and my trainer. I started this at 370 pounds, I'm 60 pounds from the promised land. I'm here, I'm fine....all that, on 1200 calories a day!!

Why is everyone so freakin uptight about what other people have their calorie ticker set to? *aside from those with actual eating disorders*

How about this, you don't it, don't friend request anyone with that set calorie. Problem solved.

Ok, rant over!

The problem is that you will drastically lower your RMR, and will have to continue eating at 1200 calories a day to maintain once you reach your goal. Some people recognize that pattern of behavior as reminiscent of the yo-yo dieting habits that people are trying to escape by using this site. No one is saying that you can't do what you want to do with your own diet, especially if you are consulting a doctor or nutritionist. But, anyone who is new to this site and this particular plan should be aware of the potential risks and know that losing weight does not have to be difficult (because for many people, eating at 1200 calories a day is difficult).

No need for you to get upset or uptight or feel as if you are being judged for your choices.

Lol...I'm not upset really, I'm ok with my plan, because it works for me and what my situation is...the only thing that irritates me is when people post always/never posts. Everyone's situation is different, and so long as you are pursuing a HEALTHY lifestyle change, then, awesome.

...that, and I see this stupid subject posted about every other day, sigh...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Jus sayin.

kk

Now, make a new post with a reason for me to care
  • riikka12
    riikka12 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 cals for a year now, I'm 190lbs so you cant say I have an eating disorder, it's just what my body is used to. Everyone is different, I eat a lot of low calorie things, and don't starve myself.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i guess for some of you, its a "if its not my way its wrong" mentality. fortunately, we do not all live in your world, and many of us understand that every BODY is different. what works for you may not work for me, and what works for me may not work for you. I am comfortable knowing that my medical doctor of over 10 years who has a medical degree and her own practice is very happy with my dietary intake, my progress, and all of my labs thus far. thats all that matters. why some of you care that others are successful on 1200-ish a day calories, i have no idea. to each thier own. this thing im doing, this plan im on, this is mine, i own it, i make the choices, i choose what i like, i make the choice of how i do it. same goes for you all. my god... so many people here who think they set the rules... incredible!
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello MyFitnessPals,

I believe the original poster has received a generous amount of feedback to the question posed and this topic will remain locked.
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Regards,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.