Number of calories for Breakfast

Options
How many calories do you eat at breakfast? I find a lot of days it's my biggest calorie meal, but not my biggest food meal.

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Under 300. Hot or cold cereal & almond milk only.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    mine is usually under 300 too, give or take a little, but I add a mid morning snack too!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    I eat under 200.
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    I heard the biggest meal should be your breakfast as you will burn it all day. I usually eat about 300 calories sometime 400. I do yogurt or cereal before morning exercise then one or the other after exercise or an omelette.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    300-400ish.

Anything less and I'm ravenous within a couple of hours.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So far it goes between 700 and 1100 calories and is most of the time the biggest calorie meal for me.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I usually eat somewhere between 200 to 250 calories for breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, so I wouldn't worry about it being your biggest calorie meal. As long as you're making healthy food choices and feeling satiated as well, it should be fine.
  • andrealee72
    Options
    I usually do 350-400, starting off with a banana and coffee. Then a bowl of cereal. Usually those serving sizes of 3/4 cup cereal does not do it for me, so I do more......Either way, I'm hungry within a couple of hours.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I have about 200cal within about 2hrs of getting up (Sobe Bar @6am) then about 400-500 a couple hours later (breakfast @8 or 9am).

If I don't front load my day, I binge at night.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    under 200cal.
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 300 and 350.
  • chicka200413
    Options
    around 300. Egg white omlette, handful of spinach, two slices of turkey bacon, one turkey breakfast sausage link. yummm. I used to try to only eat 100 calories for breakfast, but I am finding it helpful to eat more at breakfast now.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Around 250 calories. I usually have a piece of fruit (apple or banana) and raw nuts or homemade trail mix.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Around 400 everyday, sometimes a wee bit more. I find it I eat less I'm starving within two hours. Haha. It's kind of strange but probably due to not eating a couple of hours before bed.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Under 300 cal. w/ a multi-vitamin, milk, cereal, coffee and non-dairy creamer during the week day. During the weekend jelly, 1 piece of toast, and an egg (sometimes bacon if I'd been good).
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I could easily eat half or more of my daily calories at breakfast because I typically wake up ravenous and I just love breakfast. However, I try to keep it to around 300 because eating a big breakfast doesn't seem to keep me from wanting to eat the normal amount of calories for my other meals.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    So far it goes between 700 and 1100 calories and is most of the time the biggest calorie meal for me.

I just looked at your diary. Your daily goal is 3,220 calories!!! :noway: That seems extremely HIGH and I do not think you are going to see weight loss or a change in your body if you are consuming that many calories and especially breakfasts at 700-1100 calories :noway:

I write this out of concern for you and your health.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I usually hit between 200-350 for breakfast.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I am at home, about 200, but then I have to have fruit or an energy bar of around 100 cal later in the morning. When on the road, I do about 500-600, as I love getting omelets, bacon, and pineapple in hotel breakfast buffets. Alas, it means I have to cut back later or just know that I will be maintaining that day instead of losing.
  • kgarris2004
    Options
    Fiber Plus Bar - 120 to 130 calories