K Cups

Options

Replies

• VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    At work, I drink the Starbucks ones, anything and everything as long as there's caffeine in it lol. And plus, my boss buys the coffee, who can say no to free Starbucks coffee? At home, my parents (yes I still live with my parents, I'm cheap!) bought the 80 assorted pack from Costco, and I'm really liking the Timothy's Midnight Roast.
  • lschotto
    Options
    What about calories? Are the sweeter ones full of them like a starbucks or DD coffee mocha? I would know that a hot choclate or sweet tea, but what about coffee flavors?

Don't yet own one, too much waste and expense for me at this time.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What about calories? Are the sweeter ones full of them like a starbucks or DD coffee mocha? I would know that a hot choclate or sweet tea, but what about coffee flavors?

Don't yet own one, too much waste and expense for me at this time.

I usually drink a Starbucks roasted coffee k-cup (I can't even drink their mocha's in store anymore, WAYYY too sweet), with some 5% cream and that is about 20 cal (according to MFP).
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    let me start off by saying that i know i am in the minority when i say i don't like k cups as much as everyone else seems to. I think that a) they don't fit my "drink mass amounts of coffee" lifestyle, 2) they are expensive

I agree. and 3 for me) I think the water pitcher is awkward to remove and hold and re-insert. It's annoying. 4) It seems kind of cheaply made for the price and 5) It takes up a lot of space.

I got one as a surprise gift for Christmas but I think it's just *ok*. The k cups are too expensive for me so after my samples ran I out I bought a reusable filter. But that is sort of a pain in the butt to clean and refill for each cup. Meh.

Of the samples, I really liked Green Mountain Breakfast Blend and Nantucket
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like Donut Shop's Cinnamon Roll coffee. Got mine for Christmas, it's made me way too obsessed with coffee...
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love my kcup filter. No 50 cents a cup for this frugal boy

This! I bought a filter for mine, best purchase because those k cups are expensive!
  • Blott
    Blott Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Green Mountain Spicy Eggnog and Wild Mountain Blueberry! :)
  • beachygirlk
    Options
    Green Mountain breakfast blend all the way!! if you go to Costco, the Kirkland Breakfast blend tastes exactly the same and it's a bit cheaper!
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Green Mountain Extra Bold Dark Magic
    Tazo Awake
    Tazo Zen
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Donut Shop's Coconut Mocha.

Yes, this one!
    My favorite! Delish
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Caribou morning blend, has a nice KICK and Wolfgang puck creme caramel
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love my K-cup filter :) I'm the only coffee drinker in the house anyways!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Christmas blend.....then Pike place after that. I have Kuerig at work and Tassimo at home, and I prefer my Tassimo machine. Sucks that Starbucks has now come out with their own machine....
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Big Easy Bold
    Jamaican Me Crazy
    Newman's Own Special Blend Decaf
    Kona Blend
    and
    Dunkin' Donuts, of course
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love my kcup filter. No 50 cents a cup for this frugal boy

This! I bought a filter for mine, best purchase because those k cups are expensive!

I bought my wife one (now useless since she can't drink coffee). I can't help but think it utterly defeats the object. It's more work than putting a filter into a drip machine and putting in a tablespoon of coffee. And I can't believe it makes the coffee taste any better. So now you have an expensive coffee machine, which is less convenient, and makes the same or worse coffee.

I'm not a coffee drinker, by the way. Can't stand the stuff. I don't know if I'm the only one, but coffee smells like stale cigarette smoke to me.
  • m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love my Keurig!

Flavored:
    Donut Shop Chocolate Donut
    Gloria Jean Butter Toffee
    Green Mountain Golden French Toast
    Dunkin French Vanilla

Regular:
    Green Mountain Lake & Lodge
    Caribou Mahogany
    Rev Pulse
    Donut Shop
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about boobs.

K-Cup boobs.....................is such a thing even possible?

Please respond.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about boobs.

K-Cup boobs.....................is such a thing even possible?

Please respond.

You obviously never met my ex.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Columbian Fair Trade Select is buy far the best coffee. Donut Shop is one of the better ones too.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    For K-cups I prefer the Starbuck Pike Place Roast, but usually use a traditional coffeepot for stronger stuff, for my flavored I will use Steep & Brews Icing on the Cake and for straight black nothing beats Millstone's Organic Black Rain Forest.