Raspberry Ketone - does it work?

Options
Hi!
So im thinking about buying some raspberry ketone tablets, they are supposed to increase the amount of fat you can burn. The ones I am looking at are 100% natural raspberry ketone and no added chemicals and such. Has anyone tried them or are currently taking them? Have you had any success?

Thanks!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Useless and a waste of money.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I've only heard bad things about these... in that they are a waste of money. Plus I think Dr. Oz was a big promoter of these and he's a quack! lol :)

Maybe try drinking green tea or getting some extra caffeine in your diet (not a double mocha latte with all those extra calories either). Extra energy helps increase fat burning and the benefits of green tea all around are worth it.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I love raspberries.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I thought this was left in 2012.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Do you know the meaning of the word "placebo"? Precisely what they are.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options

Tried it and did nothing. don't waste your time
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Sensa?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
  • cassieandjessie
    Options
    Im not usually one for "quick fixes" and "miracle fat burners" but it keeps cropping up with people bashing on about how great they are. I am very sceptical about them, but cant help but wonder if it is any good and my own scepticism is getting in the way!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Again? Really?
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Sensa?

:wink:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Im not usually one for "quick fixes" and "miracle fat burners" but it keeps cropping up with people bashing on about how great they are. I am very sceptical about them, but cant help but wonder if it is any good and my own scepticism is getting in the way!!!
    it isn't any good. there are no quick fixes or miracles.
    wanna lose weight and be healthy? get up, eat better and move more. Problem solved. Now, if you're still aching to send some money off for that miracle, I have a paypal account.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I thought this was left in 2012.

:drinker:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    No. Work hard and eat right. Reap the health benefits and spend the money on smaller clothes.
  • cassieandjessie
    Options

Thank-you. :)
  • lyninit2winit
    lyninit2winit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    k my coworker told me about Dr Oz recommending raspberry ketones so I tried it. Order my first bottle from Viamin World It was L-Carnitine Plus Raspberry Ketones. Then I ordered from Puritan Pride their brand of raspberry Ketones and their brand of L Cartinine 500 mg. I never did the Green Coffee Bean Extract. A friend of mine said Green Coffee Bean Extract does work but I may try it in a couple months.

Heres the spill. I lost a couple pounds on Raspberry OKetones but nothing more. I have IBS attacks sometimes. I was not exercising alot. Matter of fact I quit exercising while on it. I did not notice any energy gain and I stop taking after two months because I saw no result. I actually gained weight mid section was swollen. Had a problem with constipation. After I stopped I did Senna tea and immediately dropped about 8lbs like in a week.

Now I have heard that the ketones have to be pure with no additives. Also recommened dose on the bottle is 100 mg taken twice a day. Then I have heard that they are not even effective until you take 300mg dose daily. I was taking three per day with no result.

I have some left so I will try it again now that I am back in the gym 4-5 days a week and have changed my diet considerably. Also my water intake was not that great before. I will let you know what happens...

Lastly I do not believe Dr. Oz because he just throws out random stuff with seeing the research and results. He just put it all out there. I don't think I like his recommendations, you need to do your own research. I like the Doctors show much better.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I love raspberries.
    I love raspberries, too! Gonna plant some this spring!
  • calisunrise
    Options
    NO.