"It Works!" ???

Options
Has anyone tried this "It Works!" stuff? I keep hearing about it everywhere. I'm skeptical! It's not weight loss per se, but is supposed to improve saggy skin and cellulite... I shy way from magic fixes, believing in good ol' hard work myself, but I have friends who are swearing by it!

Replies

• stillfine2013
    stillfine2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is it?? I have never heard of it.
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26hL_s3ZS4

Body wrap things that detox you and your fat I guess...?
  • kslibbin
    kslibbin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My bestie is a rep for It Works and it actually does. It takes the toxins out from the area and helps firm up. You can lose up to 3inches. You have to wrap and drink lots of water to flush it out. Ive seen the results. I've done it and my husband and my bestie and her clients. Its not a weight loss but too firm up the loose areas.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Save money and wrap yourself in plastic wrap. You'll get the same results and look just as silly.
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    My bestie is a rep for It Works and it actually does. It takes the toxins out from the area and helps firm up. You can lose up to 3inches. You have to wrap and drink lots of water to flush it out. Ive seen the results. I've done it and my husband and my bestie and her clients. Its not a weight loss but too firm up the loose areas.

Do you have to keep doing it after your cellulite is gone and your skin it tightened or is it a one time deal?
  • rodeogal1985
    Options
    In my experience, it "DOESN'T Work". None of those fly by night products do!
  • greenihlonde
    Options

Save money and wrap yourself in plastic wrap. You'll get the same results and look just as silly.

Hehe! Thanks!
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    In my experience, it "DOESN'T Work". None of those fly by night products do!

Exactly my thoughts... hmm...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

But, skin and cellulite aren't made of toxins, so how could a detox get rid of them?
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

See, I never understood this. Does caffeine perk up your fat so they fill up and not look so cottage cheese-y?
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

You don't need to drink lots of water because it flushes toxins out (what, lack of toxins will make you sick ? wtf ?). You need to drink lots of water because as you said, they dehydrate you.
  • mayamagallanes
    Options
    The caffeine helps to absorb and remove liquid – all of which can help minimize the appearance of cellulite. I did this is high school during volleyball season and it works.
  • mayamagallanes
    Options

You don't need to drink lots of water because it flushes toxins out (what, lack of toxins will make you sick ? wtf ?). You need to drink lots of water because as you said, they dehydrate you.

You DO need to drink TONS of water after a body wrap, the wraps pull toxins out and you need the water to flush them out, IF you dont drink water afterwards you will get sick because you need to flush the toxins out.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Do these toxins have a name?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

MSG and aspartame
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

MSG and aspartame

Really? And here I thought it was just poop.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Most misleading product name since The Snapper
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Margarine and diet soda.