"It Works!" ???

Options

Replies

• slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    Just do hot Yoga you might get the same effect and then when you drink all the water back that you lost, you will be right back where you started.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

Do these toxins have a name?

dihydrogen monoxide

Haha, this! That's also what those "detoxifying" foot pads pull out of your system!
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Works in you may loose inches, it doesnt say you will loose weight. Its a waste of money as i shouldve known I guess but you live and learn, i was excited about it until about 2 months after doing it and spending useless money on it.. I was doing regular working out and eating healthy for about 9 months beforehand and lost 50 pounds that way..Im not trying to sell this product at all just saying my experience with it...
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    with the wraps though you drink a ton of water within the 45 min and measure right after 45 min...if you want temp results go for it.. i dont think the 1-3 inches are worth it..
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Works in you may loose inches, it doesnt say you will loose weight. Its a waste of money as i shouldve known I guess but you live and learn, i was excited about it until about 2 months after doing it and spending useless money on it.. I was doing regular working out and eating healthy for about 9 months beforehand and lost 50 pounds that way..Im not trying to sell this product at all just saying my experience with it...

I understand you are not advocating for it but just to be clear, if you lose inches using it, that is only because you lost water weight and the inches will return when you rehydrate. The loss of inches will not be permanent.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

Do these toxins have a name?

dihydrogen monoxide
    Don't forget natrium, a volatile alkali metal that explodes on contact with water, and chlorine, a deadly gas! You definitely don't ever want either of those in your body!

It also gets rid of fat by compressing fat cells so hard that they undergo cellular fusion and turn into muscle cells!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Yup...stupid products.. they say they can be "permanent" if you add in the extra exercise and eating healthy but honestly just skip the wraps and you will get the permanent results..ridiculous $25 for one wrap if people are going to pay for em seperately. Invest in a gym membership =D
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It does NOT work. Eat healthy and working out WORKS! I spent well over $200 and no results! Spend the money on fruits, veggies, or a great workout DVD..
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    "It Works" is the name of the brand not the 'wrap' product itself. If you are speaking of the wrap, I do not sell it 'It Works' products but have a friend who does and I use some of them. Her mother lost crazy inches with the wrap, I saw personally the before and after results.

"It Works" also sells, protein shakes, vitamins and all sorts of stuff as well as skin care. I take a supplement that blocks 30% of the carbs that you eat (if you have a heavy meal) also great I've found for being bloated after drinking a bit too much beer on New Years Eve :drinker:

I also take a supplement from from this company that gives you a full-day vegetable in a "crystal lite" type packet.

Good stuff.

bang-head_zps3e96b1bb.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I use hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:

Best answer ever..lmao
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am going to start a diet plan called If it Fits Your Hoo-Ha.

it's not so much a diet, as it is sidesteel coming to your house and having sex with you.

*pen in hand*

Where do I sign??

In the name of research, we are interested in finding out if it fits our Hoo-Has. :wink:

*also has pen* Do we include our address as well, or is that something we send him later?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    my mother in law had a thing that you would put wet paper towels on, and rest your feet on... then you'd turn a dial and send a current through your body... essentially electrocuting yourself through your feet. Was supposed to work wonders for weight loss...

I didn't see any weight loss for anyone in the family, but I had so much fun seeing how much I could stand being electrocuted....

maybe I'll try wrapping myself in plastic for fun now too...
  • ceceoplaymate
    ceceoplaymate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I actually use to sell it, I noticed great results but since it is so spendy I like to just buy 4 wraps a year (if that) and use it on my more saggy areas, thighs and lower stomach area. Like them, I dont depend on them for weight loss :)

Cheers :flowerforyou:
  • FierceFox81
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26hL_s3ZS4

Body wrap things that detox you and your fat I guess...?

Save money and wrap yourself in plastic wrap. You'll get the same results and look just as silly.

YUP! It's all water weight and not actually "fat". It might help shrink that area for a day, but it will be back to normal in a day or two. Not a bad thing to try if you have an event...do it the day/night before. Or that morning. I wouldn't do it any earlier because those results will disappear as quick as they came.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    what?
    Fat is:

1) Used for energy
    2) Used as a building block for hormones, cell membranes, and other lipid-based molecules
    2) Or stored in adipose tissue for later use.

Fat is NOT:
    1) Excreted in the urine
    2) Excreted in the feces
    3) Excreted in sweat
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You don't need to drink lots of water because it flushes toxins out (what, lack of toxins will make you sick ? wtf ?). You need to drink lots of water because as you said, they dehydrate you.

You DO need to drink TONS of water after a body wrap, the wraps pull toxins out and you need the water to flush them out, IF you dont drink water afterwards you will get sick because you need to flush the toxins out.

How do the wraps pull them out? Where do they pull them to? What toxins?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

You don't need to drink lots of water because it flushes toxins out (what, lack of toxins will make you sick ? wtf ?). You need to drink lots of water because as you said, they dehydrate you.

You DO need to drink TONS of water after a body wrap, the wraps pull toxins out and you need the water to flush them out, IF you dont drink water afterwards you will get sick because you need to flush the toxins out.

There you go questioning magic again. :P
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Isn't it funny/strange how none of these people ever have a response to these questions. Just "teh toxinzzz!" doesn't do it for me.

I'm also very curious as to exactly what toxins are removed from the body by a cleanse, wrap, detox or whatever other new age snake oil malarkey they're selling/touting/promoting - and exactly how 'teh toxinzzz' are removed from the body, and how it's more efficient/effective than normal metabolic processes. Perhaps one of these purveyors of wizardry could explain these things to us in scientific terms?

[ETA]: Oh, and count me out on the Sidesteel thing. He's in good shape and gives solid advice and all, but that's just not how I roll. :bigsmile:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I use hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:

Best answer ever..lmao

Why thank you!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

The only thing that will get lighter from this kind of Hoo-Ha is the victim's wallet.

I am going to start a diet plan called If it Fits Your Hoo-Ha.

it's not so much a diet, as it is sidesteel coming to your house and having sex with you.

I'm in!