Water Consumption and What Qualifies as Water?

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I count anything not super sugary water. I don't count the one soda i have a week, but I do count my coffee, any natural juices I drink, milk, etc...

As an earlier poster said, just judge your pee. I don't drink 8 glasses of only water a day and my pee is still light yellow. Your body will tell you what it needs.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Mayo is water AND dairy. Fact. I read it on the internets.

I know your joking but things like milk is mainly water so should count towards it.
    Mayonnaise is of course like 80% vegetable oil(unless your get the very low calories one which is presumably 50%+ water).
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Deskpalm-facedesk.gif
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Even if it was straight water, the 8 8ounce glass thing is just a mnemonic, not a scientific guideline. It was easy to remember, so it got spread around.

This is simply not true. 64 ounces is an estimate based on how much water the average person loses through urine, sweat, evaporation through the skin, respiration, digestive processes, etc.

Water is not the only way to replace these fluids, but it's the best way I think.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    dont worry so much about it. as long your pee is pale (light colored) that pretty much your hydrated. dont get me wrong drinking water is good for you but the whole 8 glasses thing have been proven a myth.

I agree with this, if I drink eight glasses of water a day I actually get sick to my stomach.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I only drink water from the ocean because it's in its most unprocessed form.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Don't click that glass in your diary just yet.

Each glass of tea counts as 0.35 of a glass of water, until you've reached the 4th glass of tea, then it's 0.55. So, do the math on that.

Where does this come from? I have never heard it before.

My brain. Cooked special in the snark region. :laugh:

Not to be taken as real advice.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Anything that I put in a glass I count as water

<insert your own funny .gif here. The one I selected was too large and to be honest, I'm too lazy to resize it. It was funny. You can quote and insert your lolz>
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    there's no consensus.

Actually there pretty much is in the scientific community, although MFP and science doesn't generally mix.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I log only straight water as water...I however make a note in my food notes as to how many cups of tea I drank that day.
  • pebbs80
    pebbs80 Posts: 102
    Options
    Anything that I put in a glass I count as water

So in your theroy if I fill my glass up with skittles... I can count it as water? SCORE!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I only drink water from the ocean because it's in its most unprocessed form.
    dr.oz has proven ocean water is bad for you. he said only to drink water from mar that is hidden under the soil. tru story bro.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    there's no consensus.

Actually there pretty much is in the scientific community, although MFP and science doesn't generally mix.

tpcZK.jpg
  • PaulW2MD
    PaulW2MD Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It only counts if you drink the boiling water first and then eat the teabag!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    WATER = WATER
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be water but it is recommended to consume 2litres of fluid. So yes, tea, coffee, squash does count.
    This is from the resident GP on BBC Breakfast News.
    I would add it in for tea, but not for say a can of coke, or sadly alcohol.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water.
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Plain tea just plain ol everyday tea can be counted as water the herbal teas and such are half glasses ....
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total. This is according to the Moyo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    OP: I like your mug in your profile pic. It's udderly fantastic.

boooo!!