Heavy lifting leads to sagging?

Options

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    This is the first time in the history of the forums I would like to see caligirls pictures posted to counter this myth.

Lol. I'm sure if you do a search you can find 57 threads with them.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Guess she's never heard of Ernestine Shepherd
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernestine_Shepherd

ht_ernestine_shepherd_100427_mn.jpg
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess she's onto something if you want to look like this:

article-1367879-0d470770000005dc-275_224x423_thumb.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 pound weights because I am training for door opening and laundry folding.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about boobs.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    "No woman should ever lift more than 3 lbs"

So I guess I'm breaking the rules by carrying my 45 lb son. Pretty sure my purse weighs at least 5 lbs.......Let's not even get into the heavy lifting I do 3x a week.

Damnit....I'm breaking all the rules.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    Maybe if you lift like a body builder does, but I am willing to bet that heavy lifting does the oposit I will left like 50 to 100 pounds about 100 times

my breast are firm a high cause they rest on large muscles I have worked on over the years, even though I am overweight they ladys have maintained a nice shape,

I don't see how my muscles will stretch out my skin unless I loss my mucles, but in the end we all get saggy skin
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So I guess I'm breaking the rules by carrying my 45 lb son. Pretty sure my purse weighs at least 5 lbs.......Let's not even get into the heavy lifting I do 3x a week.

Damn rebel :devil:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    33380439_zps9a4d46c9.jpg
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

You better stop that right away and buy some of Tracy's DVD's. Maybe the damage you've done is reversible.
  • krisloock
    krisloock Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha! Ooooops...I think that hearty laugh was too much resistance for my abdominals...dang it!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that people are still saying stuff like this, but even more sad if people believe it.

Maybe if a lifter keeps their body fat very low in the extreme lows for too long, that might not be great for the skin, I suppose. But, that is not even what she is saying. What she is saying is completely wrong.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I just laughed so hard a bit of wee came out :ohwell: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    TRacey Andrerson is a complete idiot...
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Here's a more intelligent article on the subject of lifting for women:

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-reasons-why-you-should-lift-heavier-weights
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LOL Tracy Anderson.

Ever seen this? Preposterous
    http://www.oprah.com/health/Gwyneth-Paltrows-Workout-Routine

omfg bahahaha i had no idea who Tracy anderson even was. no woman should ever lifter heavier than 3lbs?!?!? pssshhh

The only reason they're sweating so much is cos it's hot as balls in that room.

Gwyneth looks like skeletor :noway:
  • dmcintosh50
    Options
    Well, I'm 60 years old, and have been into fitness most of my life, and I say NO !!! I see no evidence in my own body that suggest that is true !!! Gaining and losing weight, such as in yo-yo dieting will cause your skin to wrinkle and sag. That is why it is important to exercise while you diet; lose weight slow rather than fast, and stay hydrated !!!
  • katherinepolumbo
    Options
    3 lbs?!?! That HAS to be a joke right? Seriously, please let there not be women who believe that. My toddler can lift more than that. lol

And as far as the saggy skin, I've never heard of that! I've always heard that lifting weights helps with tightening up skin elasticity and I've found this to be the case with my heavy lifting (I'm a mom of 3... 2 of which are twin toddlers).
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    bs