What foods are you cutting out to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I limit my high calorie Starbuck's drink to once a week, and I'm trying to really limit processed foods and eat fresh instead. I haven't cut anything out completely.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The moment I tell myself I can't have something, I crave it like crazy so I didn't cut anything. Just try to eat less of it or modify it in some way so it's not as bad (a Whopper Jr. with no mayo versus the regular full size version). Then there are foods that I used to crave all the time, but now I've just lost my urge for them (diet soda) and just have naturally cut them out because I no longer want them.
  • Sharon_0719
    Sharon_0719 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Soda -- I had a friend who lost a lot of weight just by cutting out soda. Trying to drink only water, milk and tea.

Non-whole grains (no white bread, white rice, etc.)

Cutting back the fast food. Though not eating out entirely -- just making better choices when I do.

And ADDING things like fruits and veggies. I found that when I eat these first they fill me up so I don't need the fast food.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Not cutting out anything, trying to reduce added sugar (so anything other than fruit), sodium, and a lot of processed preprepared gluten free foods (I'm gluten free and a lot of these foods are really bad for you)
    I still have desert every day (yes every day) and I'm losing weight just fine, I just balance it out and have "healthy" desserts, one great one is diet root beer and low fat ice cream (i use no sugar added 1/2 the fat slow churned vanilla ice cream) you only need 1/4 or 1/2 cup of ice cream and so that's like 100 calories, and diet root beer no calories.
    Another one is dark chocolate truffles, light cream or fat free 1/2 and 1/2, dark chocolate (62%+) and then roll in unsweetened cocoa powder. you get the benefits from the good real dark chocolate, and 1 truffle is between 35 and 45 calories depending how big you make them.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I cut out nothing. I try to maintain a balanced diet, but I eliminate nothing. If I'm in the mood, and it fits in my day <and sometimes even when it doesn't> I eat whatever I please.
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly, with the PB alone I have control, add the J and I want 10. That and breakfast cereal. How is 1 cup (or less!) a serving? Leaves me starving or out of cals.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. The only difference is that I'm enjoying my pizza, one bite at a time, rather than inhaling it.

Moderation and breathing between bites works for me!
  • jburger82
    Options
    I'm just eating healthier and cut out soda 100% plus most High fat and high sugar foods. Most processed food r gone too.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm not cutting out anything. If there's something I want, I plan for it and make sure I cut back the rest of the day and exercise. :)
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting BACK on the junk food that I tend to eat too much of. I eat when I'm bored, and if there is crap food around, I'll just chow down on all of it. But I'm learning to control that. I won't deprive myself of what I love; I'll just eat it in moderation and move around more.
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've cut out Soy, sugar, Anything white (flour, rice, etc) most Processed Foods. eating a clean diet. Whole foods. No deprivation. OH and NO artifical sweeteners.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out of my diet, nor do I intend to. Everything in moderation.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I am eating chocolate peanut butter ice cream this very moment...mmmmmmmmmm
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I do not cut anything out.
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No foods, just portions.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I cut out chips and soda for the most part.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    cutting out cheese, pasta, rice, butter, fast food, sugar, potatoes, red meat, almost all fruit....i basically eat brown bread, vegetables, chicken, tuna, small amounts of peanut butter....that's about it....
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have cut out junk foods including chips, cookies, ice cream, carbs such as sugar, potatoes, rice, bread and pasta. You have to have it if you are craving it no matter what it is or it'll just drive you to binge so although I cut out carbs I still have an occasional sweet potato. I try to eat clean w/no processed foods.

oh and I don't do fast food any more, I can't even stomach it, pizza either...
  • ebuchanan81
    Options
    I cut back on pop and portion. It has only been a week and I' m down some. Also I started walking.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    No foods, just portions.

^^this