What foods are you cutting out to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm cutting wayyyyy back on peanut butter, but definitely not cutting it out. I just need to curtail my habit of going to town on 1/4 jar at a time >:(
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting out alcohol because it seems to stall my weight loss, it makes me bloat, gives me reflux, and makes me sleep terribly. My last drink for a while was for my birthday last night. I will consider adding back a glass of red wine a night after a few months. I'm also in the process of cutting out soda. As soon as I finish off this case of Coke Zero, that's it. Only water, tea, and coffee and juice in small amounts.

I try not to eat junk food like chips, cookies, stuff like that. I'm trying to get my snacks to be more nutritious now (in other words, more nutrient bang for the calorie buck). I eat fruit, or have a small sandwich, salad, make a smoothie, etc.. If I'm in a pinch, I'll just have a tablespoon of peanut butter. I will, however, have those things if I really want them and have room for them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm just making better nutritional choices in general...not really cutting anything out entirely.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Alcohol :( lol
  • bigeasy36
    bigeasy36 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Beer except on Saturday!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Grains give me cancer so I've eliminated them.
    Aspartame makes people grow a third head so I don't drink any diet soda.
    Lustig says sugar makes you fat so I don't eat any sugar or fruit.
    Taubes told me that carbs are evil so I just don't eat any carbs either.
    Keys claims that fat makes you fat so I don't eat fat either.
    Nobody has vilified protein but apparently some Campbell fellow thinks meat is bad and so is dairy, so I just get my protein from peas.

PEAS. All I @#$king eat is PEAS. Oh and when I say eat, I mean drink. I blend them up in a juice and drink them while sitting on the toilet.

I also hate my life.

(srs answer: I don't eliminate. I limit so that I keep within my calories and macros and I make "mostly" good food choices)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    when i started i cut out all fast food, junk food, pop, and candy
  • TristensMom8
    Options
    Not cutting anything out entirely yet. Just learning portion control for now
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    I am cooking more at home which means less fast food but I am not cutting out anything completely.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    None, if it fits my macros and I want it, I eat it. I don't believe in cutting out foods, thats how you ultimately fail. Do I eat "clean" and "healthy" 95% of the time? Yes I do, but if I want bojangles, or cheese fries, or beer, or wine, or cake, I have it. If it means i can't eat as much during the day of other things that I normally eat, I do that, or I workout for longer. No reason to cut out anything really.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I cut sugar and creamer out of my coffee and now just drink it black. Drink just coffee and water. No more cookies, donuts, chips, ice cream, bologna, grilled cheese sandwiches, cream sauces and bread and rice on rare occasion.
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    About all i'm doing is switching from regular soda, to diet soda. It still gives me the flavor and carbonation i SO crave, but without all the calories and sugar. (Not thinking about all the fake sweeteners)

;)
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a cheat once every other week. A cheat meaning....a meal....not a day. If I gave myself a day i'd have a very hard time getting back on track. But I also add a little more activity to counteract what i'm putting in my body. If I can go without cheating...then GO ME!!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    In a strange way, once you do this long enough certain foods just naturally weed themselves out. I don't have any food that I quit cold turkey, and I still splurge once in a while on soda or fast food, etc. But I like the challenge of eating my macros and eating well, so I sort of don't miss what I cut out. But I never was a big food craver beforehand. I just really, really, really, really like to eat.
  • JUP1T3R
    JUP1T3R Posts: 31
    Options
    I personally cut out all fast foods and sodas or pop (whichever you want to call it) and eat red meat maybe 1-2 times a week. I do not consume any candy or sweets and i rarely drink juice. When i made this change i saw an immediate difference in my body and how it felt and in one week i lost 6 lbs.

I was always taught that being fit aka shredded starts in the kitchen. 15% exercise and 85% diet.
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i don't necessarily cut out anything...But I add food that is high volume lower calorie, so that I I am more satisfied. And leave less room for junk...its generally the alcohol that kills me.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on sugar, choosing to use half sugar and half Truvia whenever possible. It's a small change, but I used to use 2 tablespoons in my coffee every morning. Now, if I'm hanging on the computer in the evening and want something to snack on out of boredom rather than hunger, I find that a cup of hot tea with just Truvia will generally satisfy me for zero calories.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have not had fast food in months, and eat out a lot less, including carry out which we did a lot. I have just about eliminated really bad salty snacks like potato chips almost entirely, I have a SMALL amount from time to time but this was a huge problem spot for me, I have found healthier substitutes. I am working now on diet soda, I have cut my intake down to about 25-30% of what it was even a few weeks ago, so this is progress. I am really trying to do everything in moderation most of the time.
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar addict so for now I have cut out refined sugar products like candy, sweets, etc but I will re-introduce them in moderation. As many have said, it's not a diet but a lifestyle change. It's not realistic to say I will never eat a dessert to chocolate bar again. I will but I will eat less of them when I do and not as often and will plan them into my calorie goal for the day. I don't eat many processed foods but that's not really new. I was never a big fan of products with ingredients I cannot pronounce (except all those candies!).
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have loss over 70 lbs, but I still eat what I have always eat I just cut the amount from 3 or 4 servings to only 1 serving. it will work.