What foods are you cutting out to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I try to not eat anything white...sugar, flour, potatoes. Lost 66 so far!
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Not cutting anything out completely....
    that said I am reducing processed foods, sodium, and just junk in general as much as I can!! My body feels so much better with out all that stuff!!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    CARBS but not just for weight loss for better blood glucose and avoiding Type II Diabetes.. so far so good :)
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I most definitely eat a lot less carbs these days. Cut out lollies (sweets) mainly too and replace with choc protein bars etc.
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not cutting out anything. If it fits my macros and calories left for the day, then I eat it. If not, then I'll just have to save it for tomorrow.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am cutting out a LOT of things for the first steps of my journey actually. I am cutting out the usual sugars, junk, etc. Also I am cutting out dairy and only having fruit once in awhile in a PWO shake. Im mostly going to be having chicken, pork, beef and fish for my meats and having any veggies I want and some complex carbs earlier in the day. I am only going this hardcore in the beginning, I will eventually slowly add some things back in and I am allowed one cheat day a week.
  • mcwhorl
    mcwhorl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting out sugar by making my own desserts and using brown rice syrup and agave. Refined sugar is SOOO bad for you!
  • edspillane
    edspillane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sugar and especially late night foods...junk food
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fast food, caffiene, wheat, dairy, prepared food (frozen, jarred, and canned).
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits. I have cut way back on sodas (even diet soda), chips, mcdonalds, etc but if I want it I just figure it into my daily calories. Since I have trouble with portion control I buy 100 calorie packs of little cookies/crackers and I found some little ice cream cups that are 100 calories. they seem to do the trick when I want some sweets!!
  • scrstephanie
    scrstephanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No more packaged foods, crisps, or soda. I eat everything else but I take caution on fatty foods and eat small portions. For example if I'm eating out, I'll eat half of my meal and take the rest home for later or some other day.
  • Chakiri
    Chakiri Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm trying to eliminate sodas entirely! Including diet. And just eat lest of.... Everything honestly. :/
  • vickita32
    vickita32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need cut carbs such as rice and bread.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Going to sound crazy but I go crazy for Chick-Fil-A. Every week I eat good hitting my goals and macro's. I goto Chick-Fil-A on Saturday as a treat. Simple reward system. Even having 1 cookie for having a good day works also.
  • cm196250
    Options
    I have cut out sugar completely!! and all processed foods!::I feel fantasic and extercise everyday:happy:
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have really tried to cut out is fast food, and also have tried to eat out less altogether. If I do those two things I eat so much better because I don't cook fatty foods at home anyway.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am cutting out a LOT of things for the first steps of my journey actually. I am cutting out the usual sugars, junk, etc. Also I am cutting out dairy and only having fruit once in awhile in a PWO shake. Im mostly going to be having chicken, pork, beef and fish for my meats and having any veggies I want and some complex carbs earlier in the day. I am only going this hardcore in the beginning, I will eventually slowly add some things back in and I am allowed one cheat day a week.

Just saw you are from Klamath falls, OR. My grandfather's side of the family is from there.
  • mjYanaGirl
    Options
    Before joining MFP, I had cut out snack food and soda. Actually I stopped drinking soda for close to a year, might have a glass or two while out and about but never had any in the fridge. Since joining MFP I stopped drinking "contains 15% fruit juice" beverages and powdered drinks all together (strictly 100% juice and water now) and slowed down my carb intake. I had no problem cutting out fast food because I was always cheap and cooked 95% of my meals. It was easy to portion control since I wasnt never a big eater in the first place, to be honest, I am having a little trouble hitting my calorie goal. Making small changes over time seem to help me transition to a healthier lifestyle more than quitting all the junk cold turkey... But I do reward myself once a week during the weekend.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've cut out pop (Soda for those not from Chicago). Everything else I've limited how much I eat/eat in moderation. It's no good to deprive yourself.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible Starbucks addiction. Terrible. The Christmas season is hardest for me with the gingerbread lattes. While I haven't been able to cut it out completely I have scaled it back. My current drink there is 190 cals, 1-2 times a week vs the almost daily 360 cals I was having before.