When do you log?

Options
13»

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Day before. Gives me time to tweak my macro break down so I am not preparing food at the last minute and "winging it"
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i usually do it as i';m deciding. Im not prepared enough to know the day before and I like to see how it'll adjust my nutrition totals. I sometimes add a few things to see how the numbers shift before deciding. Other times I'm already eating and put it in knowing i'll be fine.... and sometimes i wait a few hours after and dreadfully add it to the log (usually when i have a weak moment and eat something not so great)
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I used to log as I go, but Found that I was eating and then realising that I was on the high side of calories. so now I log as I get to work, so I can see if I've got the balance right, if not I might move part of my afternoon snack and have it with my lunchtime salad, or eat less breakfast if I have leftovers for lunch. This way I've manage to drop the amount I eat, by several hundred calories per day and still not feel hungry.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. It keeps me conscious of the decisions I am making regarding my food intake and exercise.
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If I have the whole day made, I might log it the night before, but I do look at it throughout the day to make sure I don't forget anything "extra" I may have. All that really matters is that you log everything. It keeps you honest.
  • Scrasey2
    Options
    I log mine a day in advance that way I know what I'm eating the following day. I leave snacks and exercise until the actual day but complete the rest.

I find this works for me, along with completing a weekly menu plan on a Sunday evening before I go shopping on a Monday.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    log after I eat
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Normally as I'm eating/finished eating or if I know/can plan what I'm eating the rest of the day/in advance I'll put it in early. Often it gets changed slightly (switch an apple for some grapes, more carrots, fewer peas, steak instead of chicken etc) but I work with it.

Part of me likes being organised and having it all in, part of me gets a bit scared when I look at my diary and see it's full and think 'omg, I have to eat all that today? How am I going to fit that in?!' lol.