How Many Calories are you Drinking?????

Options
I realized that during the week when I am on track I only drink water and coffee. My coffee has 5 calories per cup and about 90 calories of sugar. That is 95 calories twice a day, 190 calories a day out of 1200 calorie day that seems like a lot. That is about 16% of my daily calories. I am just wondering how many calories most people are drinking???

Replies

• Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I never count drinks in my diary :embarassed: maybe i should?
  • jrhodo
    jrhodo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Zero, unless I have a glass of wine on the weekend. Black coffee is still good!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I realized that during the week when I am on track I only drink water and coffee. My coffee has 5 calories per cup and about 90 calories of sugar. That is 95 calories twice a day, 190 calories a day out of 1200 calorie day that seems like a lot. That is about 16% of my daily calories. I am just wondering how many calories most people are drinking???

230... 8oz of milk + 1 scoop of protein powder. And it's delicious.
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1 cup of tea in a morning with skimmed milk = 13 cals

rest of the day is water so as you can see I spend very little on my drinks :-)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Over the course of the day I have about 50 calories in cups of tea, that is splash of skimmed milk and sweetener. I know some people don't like sweeteners but I don't mind them and don't drink any other drinks with sweetners in so don't worry about any of the negative press as its only small amounts.

So out of my 1790 calories a day I barely notice it.
  • loudgls89
    loudgls89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I gave up my glasses of milk and fruit juice when I realised how high in calories they are, so now I just tend to stick to water and diet lemonade, with so few calories that I don't even bother to track it.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I never count drinks in my diary :embarassed: maybe i should?

I've never logged alcohol or exercise, don't ask me :D
  • ReNewYou
    Options
    56, coffee with cream, no sugar in the morning. The rest of the day is just water.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    115 cals for my coffee in the morning
    199 cals from my protein shake
  • runningwild00
    Options
    0 calories on a normal day for me!! (Just water and green tea without anything in it!!)

1 night a week (MAYBE 2 if I am celebrating) i will have a glass of wine, cocktail, beer, etc. I definitely log this
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink green or herbal tea throughout the day - and that claims to be 1kcal / 100ml. So I guess I drink around 12 calories.
    I often treat myself to a filter coffee a day with a splash of semi-skimmed milk. Not sure how many calories are in that though.
    I don't really drink much water - I find it makes me feel cold (even if I have it at room temperature). The only way I can get myself to keep hydrated is to drink plenty of tea!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    water, herbal tea, black coffee.....0 cals :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I include my 14 cals for tea with semi skimmed (when I remember) - that's about 6 cups a day so nearly 100 calories. But I don't count my two cans of diet lemonade (total 16 calories). I do *kitten* wne when I have it (but I try to find the lowest calorie option :ohwell: )
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer calories and on weekends craft beer calories (my guilty pleasure )
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I only drink water and earl grey tea during the week, so 0 cal. but during the weekend, I allow myself a few glasses of wine :drinker:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    92 ..coffee, 2 tbsp creamer and half a teaspoon of sugar (working on getting down to 0)
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Shannon, that coffee is running 16% of your daily caloric intake and provides no nutritional value so if there's a way to cut back that would be a good one. I totally understand the caffeine thing though, I'm hopelessly addicted. I get around it with a low cal (50) energy drink. I didn't like the taste at first but have come to prefer it and it's loaded with vitamins (riboflavin, niacin, b6 and b12). Try to find an alternative.

My drinking consists of a venom low cal, almond milk (30 cal) with my cereal and protein shake. After that it's all water all day.
  • psaunders1964
    Options
    Can I ask a question regarding exercise calories, sorry for not starting my own thread on this.

I just did 23 minutes of jogging on the spot and it says I earned 302 calories however many years ago using exercise machine in Gym if you did about 30 mins or running it said you only lost about 100 clas, can myfitness pal be believed?
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    daily. hmmm. i mostly drink black coffee, diet coke and water. so 0 i guess
    when i drink alcohol i consume around 700 just from booze per night :(
    i have to stop that.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it under 100 cals a day- sometimes none. Just depends on the day and if I need coffee. Although I am currently loving my chai lattes which are 70 cals.