What foods are you cutting out to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out anything.
    Eat everything in moderation.
    If it fits into your calorie and macros goals....enjoy it.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We have sincerely chosen to change our lifestyle. No more soda, or fried food. Limit our fast food to Arby's and Wendy's salad & Chili. We're eating more vegetarian, mostly to increase our use and consumption of veggies. I've eliminated baked goods.

We made this change almost one year ago, I look back and just shudder at my ignorance and bullheadedness!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I allow myself all foods in moderation. I did cut out soda.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sugar!!!! I now make up my carb intake with lots of leafy greens. Good luck to each of you on your journeys to improved health and fitness. :-)
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in almost a year not because I can't but because I don't like to drink empty calories (: Plus I like not having it!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I only eat clean foods. Whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, whole grain, lean organic protein,legumes and fat free plain greek yogurt and a fat free chocolate fudgesicle as a treat.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    I eat whatever I feel like eating.

^This. Although money, time and distance does restrict me somewhat.
  • elvinprincess_9
    elvinprincess_9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    nothing just everything in moderation. I allow myself treats as I go along if it fits in my colorie range.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have cut back on sweets but if I want something bad enough, I will count it in my calorie range. I don't believe in deprivation. In my case, it backfires and it makes me give up. So if I want a doughnut one morning with my family, I will have it!! And I will not feel guilty about it!!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I stopped all junk food and am saving my calories for those foods my body needs. And since I stopped (a week ago) I really don't even crave them. I can walk right past the donuts in our coffee room, and the chips at my house. #onepound
  • Missi739
    Options
    Cheese!!!! I also work late nights on the weekends (in a restaurant) so I am trying to eat a healthy meal before I go instead of grabbing a chicken finger or fries when I get hungry at midnight.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Anything I can't measure/track!
  • Slumbreon
    Slumbreon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    White flour-based carbs. If I even eat one cracker, bread slice, pancake or dinner roll, something switches in my brain and I just need (NEED!) more. If I don't eat them, I don't get the urge - so they're gone.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Nothing is entirely off-limits (except things I just don't like), but there are a lot of things that are not part of my normal diet. I have been mostly grain-free for over a year, and entirely grain-free since Dec. 30.

So no bread, pasta, rice, oats, or anything with wheat in it, unless it is a specific occasion on which I have decided to have grains. For instance, I am going to North Carolina on Thursday to spend the weekend with my boyfriend, and there is a pizza place we always go to when I'm there, so I will get over the "grain-free" thing for that.

I also strictly limit my intake of dessert foods like cake, cookies, ice cream, etc. Those are trigger foods for me, and looking back on the past year and my struggle with losing and gaining the same few pounds again and again, I can always trace my relapses to the consumption of those things. So now I pretty much only have them on special occasions. I don't keep food like that in my house or at work.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I am eating junky food less often, and less of it when I do.

I am not cutting anything out entirely.

this
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have not had a doughnut or apple fritter since I started in September. When I reach my goal, I may celebrate and have one, but my plan is to log it and walk it off later that day. I have stopped having pizza regularly and work at making healthier choices. I have eliminated almost all liquids except water and coffee. It seems to be working so far.
  • carlayyy2308
    carlayyy2308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I, similar to most people on this thread, haven’t cut out anything completely. It’s all about everything in moderation.

I’ve made small changes – I don’t eat takeaways really anymore – hidden fat is a big NO NO and I get quite anxious when I don’t know the nutritional content of what I’m eating.
    I also eat vegetables rather than fruit – I have IBS so fruit irritates me massively – on the upside i never go over my sugar allowance and I think this Is one of the main reasons I’ve lost weight. As hard as it is, the less sugar you eat the less you crave it and with a woman with a sweet tooth its HARD.

Instead I have things like weightwatchers biscuits or a hot chocolate to satisfy my sugar cravings without the massive calorie and sugar and carb intake.

I don’t cut out bread either – I just buy a low calorie bread and skip the butter if I have a sandwich.

Weighing things like rice and pasta is key aswell – I didn’t realise but before I started weighing my food I was eating around 75g of rice and 100g pasta for dinner. FAR TOO MUCH xx
  • quackmunch
    quackmunch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cut anything out completely but I am definitely trying to swap less healthy and processed food for more healthy and non-processed food.
    I have cut out bread about 80-90% purely because we don't play well together but everything else is in moderation as long as it fits into my calories for the day.
  • HopeB77
    HopeB77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a "sweetaholic".....and a "Pepsiaholic"....needless to say I've cut the pop out with the exception of 1 diet drink a day.....I'm not eating near as much sweets....usually after every meal I had to have something sweet......didn't matter when....breakfast, lunch, & dinner.....but now I'm trying to eat more protein at breakfast to help with not being so hungry.....If I want a mid~morning snack, I'll eat a snack pack size of animal crackers or a bananna....that takes me through to my lunch & with that I'll freeze a cup of yougurt and eat it after my lunch.....I can make it on to dinner at home and usually around 7:00 if I want another snack, I grab a piece of fruit or limit myself to like a 1/2 bar of chocolate if I'm not going to be over on my calorie intake....It's about making a lifestyle change...not starving yourself & learning how to eat all over again....it's time consumming but very much worth it....I'm loosing weight to get healthy....not skinny...... :flowerforyou:
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've cut out almost all processed foods. The only thing I eat that's processed is dairy products [cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt] , mayo and my Quest Bars.

I didnt do it necessarily to lose weight, I just did it to feel better.