How Many Calories are you Drinking?????

Options

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I realized that during the week when I am on track I only drink water and coffee. My coffee has 5 calories per cup and about 90 calories of sugar. That is 95 calories twice a day, 190 calories a day out of 1200 calorie day that seems like a lot. That is about 16% of my daily calories. I am just wondering how many calories most people are drinking???

Your profile says "I don’t want to starve or lose muscle and I want to be happy and be able to maintain it once I loss the weight so slow and steady I go." So why do you have to fit your drinks into 1200 calories?
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I realized that during the week when I am on track I only drink water and coffee. My coffee has 5 calories per cup and about 90 calories of sugar. That is 95 calories twice a day, 190 calories a day out of 1200 calorie day that seems like a lot. That is about 16% of my daily calories. I am just wondering how many calories most people are drinking???

Your profile says "I don’t want to starve or lose muscle and I want to be happy and be able to maintain it once I loss the weight so slow and steady I go." So why do you have to fit your drinks into 1200 calories?

Because I am still trying to lose weight and I love Cake.

If I dont work out at all in a day to lose I can only eat 1200 calorie. I normally eat about 1700calories a day even if I dont work out, my goal is around 1200.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I try really hard not to drink my calories. Most of that stuff is sugar/carb heavy and those tend to zoom through my system and leave me hungry for more so it's best if I just avoid them. The big exception to the rule is when I hang out with my girls and have a few adult beverages. :)

On a typical day I drink tea, water and coffee with just a splash of unsweetened almond/coconut milk (5 calories).
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Usually zero. I only drink water and zero calorie green tea. The exception is if I go out drinking - 4 shots of vodka is over 400 calories. I always try to excercise in the morning if I know I'm going to be drinking that night!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    70 from coffee in the am. And 60 from almond milk at night. Other than that i drink tea and water, mostly water
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    A lot. At least two protein shakes with whole milk. Three cups of coffee. Two tees. Three nights a week 5-7 beers. Adjust how much I eat based on calories burned throughout the day to stay under calorie limit.
  • rfsegar
    Options
    I'm not drinking calaries, I only drink water. I have learned through being on weight watchers that if you bite you write, so I keep track of everything I consume.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've really tried to cut back on the calories from drinks. I use to drink 1 Mt. Dew M-F at work (instead of coffee) but once I started adding it all up, I've tried cutting back. When I go out for lunch/dinner, I'll get unsweet tea.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    100-300 a day.

100 if I have a tea latte.

300 if I also have wine.
  • laurenfowler5
    laurenfowler5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging any non-alcoholic beverages, maybe I should be :ohwell: but I average about 5 - 6 cups of black coffee a day and then soda water with fresh lime juice (as I don't particuarly enjoy drinking water), according to most of the replies so far there are little to no calories in black coffee so looks like that's the way forward.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat my calories. Aside from my tasty protein shakes, I am mostly a water drinker. I'll also have the occasional unsweetened tea or diet soda. I eat 2,000 calories per day though, so if I want the occasional calorie laden drink, I can make it fit into my day.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Well, sunday's don't count for me since I know it's destructive. It's either football beer day or drunken sunday brunch, I drink probably 1000 calories of drink. :drinker: (but I try to run lots before and afterwards)

My normal though is about 50 calories per day for my coffee creamer or skim milk. I try to limit it to 2 cups to keep this down.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Most days I get zero calories from beverages. I occasionally have alcohol, and I sometimes have a protein shake, but that's intentional, and I don't really consider it a "drink", at least not in the same sense.
  • libra_xv
    Options
    I drink mostly water, sometimes drink juice at lunch time if my mouth tastes funny :| how is coffee working for everyone though? i'm not a fan of black coffee but i guess it's an acquired taste if its necessary.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think my coffee is something like 8 calories, my creamer is 105 and my energy drink is 10.

So, not many.
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have around 3 coffees with skimmed milk, no sugar and 1 or 2 strong teas with skimmed milk, other than that it will be sugar free drinks. Occassionally I will have a latte or posh coffee. And at the weekend I will have wine, between 1 and 2 bottles :blushing:
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    water...0
    protein shake (3 a week)...about 250 calories
  • mercymarque
    Options
    zero... I ust drink water and don't drink anything else. I learned a long time ago that beverages add empty calories. Water is a big key to ur weightloss success.
  • 2013Jasmine
    Options
    102 cal for my 2 cups of Indian spiced tea with 1 sugar and 100ml skimmed milk.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I drink nothing but water, other than smoothies. I try to save my calories for my food.